38 • Breadstick

Alex's Point of View

"I can't believe you licked his foot!" I exclaimed between laughter as Jack and I walked hand-in-hand towards the nearest Starbucks.

"We were playing truth or dare, I had to" Jack defended while grinning down at me. I snorted again while pushing the door open. Somehow, the thought of Jack licking Corbyn's foot was just hilarious and gross at the same time.

"And I missed all of that because I had to jump into the pool" I complained while dramatically fainting into Jack's arms. He smiled even wider as he wrapped his arms around me, Not letting me stand up fully again.

"Life is cruel" he played along, pretending to comfort me. I giggled as I eventually broke free from his grasp, ordering my coffee from the girl behind the counter. 

As we sat across from each other, scrolling through our instagram feeds, I couldn't help but smile. Just over two months ago, we had been sitting in another coffee shop just like this before our cover of Just Give Me a Reason was released.

So much had changed in my life in a matter of months and I couldn't have been more grateful. Aside from now having Jack here to support me through everything, I also gained four other idiots I can gladly call my friends.

"No matter how hard you stare you wont gain the power to see through my clothes" Jack said while smirking. My eyes widened immediately as I was snapped back to reality. "Jack Robert Avery I swear to bloody God I will murder you" I threatened as I lightly hit his arm.

"Oh come on, you have to admit that was a good one" he defended with his hands raised. I rolled my eyes at him and returned my gaze to my phone. "Stupid American" I mumbled, not thinking he would hear me.

However, I was not that lucky. "Hey, you came to my country" he taunted, now leaning over the table to look at me. I glared at him silently, hoping he would finally stop smirking. However, I broke first and began to laugh.

"You're and idiot" I said as I placed my hand on his. "Maybe. But I'm your idiot" he retorted, turning his hand upwards so our fingers were now interlocked.

I frowned slightly at him as doubt began to flood my mind. Was he mine? Were we technically boyfriend and girlfriend? We had been on a few dates now but he had never actually asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Are you?" I asked quietly, averting my gaze so I was now looking at the table. I could tell he was about to answer but he never got the chance to as someone's voice interrupted him.

"Blue? Is that you? Oh my God" a familiar voice called as they approached the table. I quickly removed my hand from Jack's as a reflex, causing him to frown.

However, when the voice registered in my brain a grin erupted on my face. "Breadstick!" I exclaimed as I stood up and jumped into their arms.

They spun me in a circle before placing me back on the floor as I giggled at them. "Hey, I'm not a breadstick anymore" they playfully spouted as I rolled my eyes.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in forever" I questioned as I sat back down again. "Great actually. We just about finished up the fourth album" they replied, sitting in the empty chair next to me. "Seriously? That's  amazing, I can't wait to hear it" I replied.

I had completly forgotten about the conversation I was having with Jack; I was too caught up in reuniting with my friend. "What about you? You guys are touring soon right?" they questioned, smiling at me.

"Oh yeah-" I began but I was cut off by Jack clearing his throat. I suddenly remembered that he had no idea who I was talking to and I instantly felt guilt grow in the pit of my stomach.