10 • Pool Party

Alex's Point of View

"Do we have to go?" I asked, hesitating to get out of the car. I really couldn't stand the idea of wearing a bikini in front of people. London walked to the side of the car I was sitting in and dragged me out by the wrist.

"You're going and that's it. You literally have nothing to be worried about, your body is amazing" she said, trying to reassure me as she pulled me towards the door. London would say this every time I got self-conscious but I'd never believe her.

"Hey guys!" Zach exclaimed, opening the door to us. He gestured for us to come inside as he turned to yell to the other guys. "They're here!" he exclaimed. My eyebrows raised in slight surprise when I walked inside. All five of the guys were standing there, shirtless.

"Uh, hi?" I said, my eyes darting around the room. I wasn't sure where I was supposed to look but my eyes eventually stopped on Jack. When he caught my eye, he smirked at me, his eyes shining. I looked away instantly, blushing out of embarrassment.

"We'll be out at a pool. The bathroom's down the hall on the right if you need to change" Jonah said, bringing me back to reality. I smiled and nodded as they walked outside.

"I'll go change. You can go ahead" I said, turning to London who had her swimsuit on under her clothes. She hesitated for a moment, but nodded slightly and followed the guys outside. I didn't actually need to change - I had my swimsuit on under my clothes as well - I just needed time to prepare myself.

After I had taken off my clothes, I stood for a few minutes, looking at myself in the mirror. I hated what I saw, but I knew I had to suck it up. I couldn't hide in here forever, as much as I wanted to.

"Hey are you-" I heard Jack say as he walked through the door. My eyes widened as I turned to face him, covering as much of my body as I could with my arms. When he saw me, he instantly stopped talking and froze in his spot.

I awkwardly looked down, letting my short hair fall on either side if my face, as Jack stared at me. "Uh, are you coming outside?" he eventually stuttered out. Slowly, I looked up at him through my eyelashes, not knowing what to say.

"I, uh, don't know" I said, not wanting to go outside in front of everyone. Jack frowned slightly, studying my face. I looked back awkwardly, not knowing what to say. Soon, his frown disappeared and was replaced with a grin as his whole face lit up.

Jack began walking towards me and I looked at him in confusion. What was he doing? He had clearly gotten an idea, but what was it? Before I could question him, he had picked me up and threw me over his shoulder in one quick movement.

I began to scream as he carried me out the door, resulting in everyone turning their heads to look at us. None of them were in the water yet, seemingly waiting for me. "Jack, don't you dare!" I yelled, hoping he wouldn't throw me in the pool despite the fact that he obviously would.

Ignoring my constant yelling and protests, Jack threw me into the pool. I screamed, but quickly closed my mouth as water surged around me. My eyes screwed shut as I kicked upwards, resurfacing.

"Now you're outside" Jack stated, smiling while shrugging his shoulders. I scoweld at him and swam to the edge of the pool. Before I got out, an idea popped into my head.

"Will you at least help me out?" I asked while holding my hand out towards him. Jack nodded while walking towards me. He took my hand in his and I smirked up at him. Before Jack had the chance to react, I pulled his hand sharply, making him fall into the pool after me.

I giggled as he resurfaced, his now wet curls clinging to his face. I smiled innocently at him, pretending I didn't do anything wrong. "Oh, you're getting it now Summers" he threatened while smiling.

My eyes widened in fear and I began to swim away. Jack chased after me and, when I reached the edge of the pool, began to splash water at me. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry!" I exclaimed while giggling. Jack stopped splashing the water and flashed me a smile. "Good" he said.

By now, everyone else had jumped into the pool and were messing around as well. "Hey Jack, catch!" Corbyn yelled. Jack frowned and turned around slowly, only for an inflatable beach ball to hit him in the face.

I began to laugh as he chased after Corbyn, threatening him for throwing the ball at him. "Hey Alex! Come play Chicken Fight with us!" Daniel called, gesturing me over. I smiled and swam towards him, Zach and Jonah.

"So, who's team am I on?" I asked, looking between them. "Mine. Last time Zach was on my team I was ready to kill him" Daniel said, glaring at Zach. I giggled but nodded anyway.

Getting onto Daniel's shoulders was surprisingly easier than I thought it would've been; he was stronger than he looked. "You're going down" Zach stated once we were both ready. "Bring it on" I retorted.

We both began to push at each other as Daniel and Jonah held onto us. At one stage, I nearly fell backwards off of Daniel, but he gripped onto my legs as I balanced myself. I was now even more determined to win than before. With one final push, Zach fell into the pool with a splash and I threw my arms up in celebration.

As I jumped off of Daniels shoulders, he picked me up and spun me around in the water. I couldn't stop laughing as he cheered loudly and Jonah and Zach playfully glared.

When Daniel put me back on the ground, I held onto his arms for support from laughing so hard. However, my eyes met with those of none other than Jack Avery. He was staring at Daniel and I with a look of slight annoyance on his face.

I frowned slightly but turned away. Why was Jack staring at us? Maybe he didn't realise he was doing it? Whatever it was, I chose to ignore it and just enjoy the rest of my day.