14 surprise

i wake up laying next to jesse and he's soft snores. he's sprawled all over his half of the bed and i giggle at how silly he looks. i end up spending a while on my phone and eventually enough time passes and he wakes up. "morning love" he says, cuddling into me and us both relaxing in one another's arms. "morning jess" i whisper back to him and mess up his hair. we lay there for a few minutes and talk about random shit and what our plans for the day are. i decide to head home for the morning the ill be heading to work at 3 for my night shift - 3pm-9:30pm. he makes a smoothie for both of us and soon enough the morning passes by and head home.

the next morning i wake up at 10am, feeling refreshed after my extra long sleep. i take a shower and bop out to some music, cleaning my apartment and making breakfast along the way. i get a call from jesse and pick up, feeling a wave of happiness over myself when hearing his voice. "are you busy tonight?" he asks me. "no, do you wanna catch up?" i ask and he tells me that he has a surprise for me at his place. "i'll be around at 4 then" i say, agreeing to see him after i run a few errands. i wonder what this surprise could be...

while i'm our running errands i stop at a cafe for a bite to eat. sitting near the bar, i overhear a couple of the workers talking about the date... then it hits me. shit... it's mine and jesses six month anniversary! that's why he's surprising me! panicked, i desperately think of things i can do to make it seem like i haven't forgotten about it.

eating my sandwich, i come up with a couple of things to buy him as a little gift. after paying i rush over to the supermarket and buy him his favourite chocolates. afterwards i find a plain brown box which i bring home with me and write nice comments and messages all over it for him. i fill the box with chocolates and whip up some rocky road slice which he is obsessed with! i make it and chuck it in the freezer to cool and get ready to head to jesses. he hasn't told me what to wear, but i'm pressing i'm staying the night so i take a bag with some comfy clothes. i chuck on a semi nice outfit consisting of a white yellow and orange t-shirt, ripped black shorts and doc martens. i do a very light layer of make up and grab a denim jacket to chuck on if it becomes cold.

i eventually arrive at jesses and knock on is door, kind of nervous for what's to follow. within seconds the door creeps open to reveal a handsome jesse. "hi love" he says, pulling me straight into a kiss. "happy six months" i say, passing him the box and he smiles. "lana, you didn't have to do anything" he says and gives me a small smirk. "i had to do something!" i exclaim and step inside, closing the door behind me. "you really didn't" he says and takes a quick look at the messages before opening the box and loving me 100x more than he already did. "you're the best" he says and pulls me into another kiss. "this is why i love you" he adds, pecking my lips once again and i giggle. "i'm glad you like it" i say smiling.

"soooo i have a surprise for you" he says and i gulp. "should i be scared" i say and we both laugh. "nooooo!" he exclaims and i look at him with a confused face. "come" he says, taking me hand and leading just around the corner and into the lounge where he's set up a whole blanket fort with fairy lights so we can watch movies tonight.

"awwwww" i say, and relax knowing it's a good surprise. "jess..." i say and smile, leaning into him the slightest. "look inside love" he says softly and he gestures for me to crawl in and i do so. pealing back the blanket it reveals the cutest little set up- complete with snacks, his macbook for movies, pillows, more blankets and more fairy lights.

"this is adorable jess, you're the sweetest" i say and stand back up to give him a kiss and a big hug. "let me just cook some popcorn, you go get comfy" he says and i smile. "can i borrow some clothes?" i ask him and he nods and gives me one of his sweet smiles. "help yourself" he says and chuckles.

i change out of my nice clothes and into my soft shorts i bought with me and one of jesses plain black tees. afterwards i take off my make up and go to the bathroom to clean myself up a bit. i grab a hoodie in case i get cold and head back into the lounge where jesse is preparing the popcorn.

this is going to be the best night ever.