Chapter 24-Gem Threat

I should be resting but meeeh. :/ I get inspiration at the most unsual time of the day.

I'll probably be sleepy in class tomorrow but. Whatever. lol

Here's the twenty fourth chapter. Enjoy!

unedited.

Chapter 24—Gem Threat

“Christie, you okay?” Zoey asked as we walked around towards the parking lot of the mall. After eating lunch at the diner earlier, we decided to walk around the nearest mall and window shopped. I glanced at her and saw the look of concern on her face. Courtney’s expression was mirroring Zoey’s.

I smiled meekly at both of them and answered, “I’m okay. Don’t worry.” My hand gripped tightly at the paper bag of the burger I have bought from the burger shop earlier. I may be slightly pissed off with Andrew but I won’t let him die of hunger. Probably I’d let him die with stab wounds that he’d get from me but not from hunger. What can I say, I’m that merciful.

“You’re quite after we saw that Tiffany at the diner earlier. That’s not like you.” Courtney said as she walked beside me. Now, I’m being sandwiched by these two ladies. “You don’t really have to tell us but we know you’re bothered by the fact that she claimed that Andrew was in her apartment last night.”

“Look, she’s probably trying to joke around. You know she got mad at you when they broke up, right?”Zoey thought, trying to make me feel better. “She was just bitter. They’ve probably met last night since you said he got home d-drunk.”

“You’re getting to the point now, Zoe.” I told her as she unlocked the door of her car. “He was probably with her last night. I mean he was drunk like really, really drunk. He got home super late.”

“Chris, let’s not think of Andrew that way. I don’t think he would cheat on you.” Courtney tried to defend Andrew as she sat shotgun. “It’s not like you have seen some kiss marks on his body that you didn’t make.”

My eyes grew wide at her statement as I sat down at the back seat. “Shit.”

Zoey, before she could even step on the accelerator, looked on me with wide eyes. Courtney then snapped her head at me with the look of horror on her face. “No, you didn’t.”

“Shit. Shit. “ I cursed as I recall the events of last night. “I just remembered but I didn’t really pay attention to it last night.”

“Fuck.” The two of them cursed in unison. I rested my back on to my seat and took a deep breath. Why hadn’t I realized it sooner?

“Let’s just go home, please?”I mumbled as I close my eyes.  I then heard the restarting of the car’s engine.

---

I opened my eyes a minute later. We were almost out of the parking lot. I just stared out of the window. The weather was good. It wasn’t too hot nor was it humid either. All in all, the day looked perfect. Note, looked perfect.  I am not sure whether I’m mad or not. Fine, I’m mad but I really don’t know whether to Andrew or to Tiffany or to the situation. I shouldn’t be, right?

“Chris, we’re not on Andrew’s side for this but we just have to remind you that you should hear him out the moment you stepped inside your house.” Zoey said as she parked her car in front of the house. “Talk to him.”