Chapter 36-Would You Be My Date?

yes, an update because so far I haven't started with my designs yet but by Wednesday I'd have to start with designing/planning my own building. *sigh*

I hope you all would like this chapter c: *coughs* ifinditcute *coughs*

Next To Me by Emeli Sandé

Chapter 36—Would You Be My Date?

“Someone’s blooming today” Daniel sang as we made our way to the elevator doors.  I looked at him and glanced towards Emily.

“Who? Emily?” I asked at the same time when Emily looked at me and asked, “Who? Christie?”

“There!” Daniel answered, chuckling. “If you two wouldn’t admit that you are then let me claim it.”

“I am blooming today. I’m looking all so pretty and in love.” He told us as he stepped forward and spun his heels, facing us. He then fluttered his eyelids as if to emphasize his bluish grey eyes.  He then pretended to tuck a hair behind his ears.

Emily and I rolled our eyes at him and stepped inside the elevator as soon as it opened.  He just sighed and walked inside just before it closed.  

“So, where’s your date?” Danny asked as soon as he stepped out of the elevator. He was looking at Emily as an obvious blushed appeared on her face. “Will he pick you up?”

Emily glanced at me and I just chuckled. “I don’t have a problem if you’ll be going on a date with my brother. I swear.”

“Look at how her eyes lit up, Chris.” Danny pointed out, making Emily blush even more. He then nudged her on her shoulders saying, “You already got his sister’s approval. Great job!”

“Well, if she’s the one who could make him happy, why not?” I answered, shrugging my shoulders. Seriously, I’d be happy for both of them. I know how sweet and reliable Emily could be. I don’t think she’ll just be screwing my brother over. It’s not like someone did before because I swear she’d be buried by now.

“and someone’s husband is early” Daniel whispered as he looked at Andrew up and down. Danny and Emily smiled at him as he approached.

“Hi,” He greeted after he kissed me. He then looked over to my colleagues and greeted them. “Hey guys.”

“Well, you’re back on being on time. Great!” Danny said, clapping his hands for a more dramatic effect.  “I was worried that you might be cheating on her. I’ll kill you if you would.”

“I’ll personally hand you the gun.” I joked, making them all laugh.

“Why would I cheat on her? It took me years just to win her heart.” Andrew answered as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

“and her body?” Danny teased making me kick his shin while Emily and Andrew laughed. I then laughed at Danny who was cursing while standing with only his right foot on the ground. He was caressing his ‘precious’ shin, jumping around to keep his balance.

“You’re a sadistic bitch, Chris.” Danny murmured glaring at me. I just put my tongue out, not caring about him calling me a bitch. I then caught a sight of a familiar car and I grinned.

“And Christian is here” I mumbled and I noticed how Emily’s face turned into panic. “Em, don’t panic.”

“I’m not panicking!” She immediately defended herself as she tucked a stray hair behind her ears. Danny and I just rolled our eyes while Andrew just shook his head.