Chapter 49-Wedding Jitters

I'm back!!! I am very very sorry for being MIA. Then writer's block. Oh well, you guys deserve this (update) more than my explanation anyway.

Chapter 49—Wedding Jitters

"Wait, let me fix these loose hairs of yours a bit." Courtney stopped me as she pulled a hair clip from her small purse. She then tucked my stray hairs and clipped it.

"I'm nervous," I breathed out. I then looked at Courtney who just gave me a smile before checking if my hair was now perfectly coiffure.

"It's not like it's your first time to walk down the aisle," She chuckled as she took a step back eyeing me once again. "You look perfect now."

"We both do." I winked at her. I wasn't lying. Courtney's blonde hair was held in a low pony tail and its ends were perfectly curled. Our make ups were kept light which matched our light blue dresses.

"Are you girls done?" Hailey, Zoey's organizer asked peeking through the door. "The bride has been looking for her maid and matron of honor."

"That's us," I raised my hand and stood up. "Tell her to relax and we'll be there in a minute."

"She said she'll kill you both after the wedding if you won't be in her room in five," Hailey winked at us. "She knows you'll be saying you'll be there in a minute but yeah, be there in less than five minutes or else she'll be spending her first night of being married in jail instead of their honeymoon suite."

"Noted," Courtney chuckled as she grabbed our bouquet. She then turned to me when Hailey closed the door. "Here's the bouquet of the Matron of Honor."

I then took the bouquet from her and went to see the bride. I glanced at Courtney who was grinning like crazy as we stood outside Zoey's room. I then twisted the door knob and went inside the room.

"I'll leave you girls here." Hailey smiled at us politely before she left the room.

"Oh my God!" Those were the first three words that got out of my mouth. I could only imagine Courtney's mouth hanging ajar as we look at our friend.

First, we were imagining our friend, Zoey to be dressed up right now. We were expecting for her to be twirling around with her perfectly fitted gown. But we saw a different Zoey.

"W-what happened?" Courtney asked as we slowly walked our way towards our best friend.

"Wedding jitters," Olivia, Zoey's cousin, answered casually as she slumped on the couch. "She won't talk to me about it because apparently, I haven't been married."

"Well then, I can't help you either since I am not yet married and never been engaged," Courtney spoke, raising her left hand to show no ring. "I am not even sure if Drake has a plan of proposing any time soon. So, you, Mrs. Jenkins, should help soon-to-be-Mrs.Wilson over here."

I closed my eyes momentarily, trying to ignore the fact that Courtney has been itching to be married to Drake and that it's getting her so frustrated that he wasn't showing any signs that he'll be proposing. The three of us has got no clue but for now, I have to focus on the bride who should be prepared by now.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat beside Zoey who was still in her robe. She was staring at her palms as she closed and opened it like a kid. "Zoe, what's wrong?"

"I don't know." She answered exasperatedly. I looked at her dumbfoundedly, hoping she'll explain it further. Then, she started crying.

"Holy cow!" Courtney cried. "Zoe, Relax. What is going on? Did you get a fight with Jay? Tell me 'cause I'll be off running to where they are right now and give him a piece of my mind."