Chapter 40-Surprise Gift for the Birthday Boy

Hello there. Well yes, an update. This is a long chapter that's why I wasn't able to update earlier this week.

Since this is a long chapter, I hope you all would enjoy this. c:

How Long Will I Love You - Ellie Goulding

Chapter 40—Surprise Gift for the Birthday Boy

Friday, a day before Andrew's birthday, was spent on the beach. It was a really fun day. I wasn't sure if I should wear my swimsuit now that I found out I was pregnant with his baby.

I could remember asking him if I looked fat. I wasn't sure if I really wasn't or he was just being polite when he said I wasn't. I was contemplating as we watched the sunset whether to tell him about it.

When we got home, I gave him the neck tie and long sleeves button up I bought for him. I told him that it was my gift for him and that he should wear it. He thought that was all I have for him. Oh boy, he's in for a big surprise on his birthday. Yes, I'm planning to drop the bomb in front of his family—our family.

I also invited our friends to come over making sure to give Courtney and Zoey a clue. I texted both of them saying "I guess you guys were right about the perfect gift after all. See you tomorrow.xx"

Before I left my phone on the nightstand, I have read their replies consisting of words such as "Holy shit! That's fucking perfect. That'll be the best birthday gift he'll get." and "Finally! Finally! He'll love it. I'm so freakin' excited to see you two tomorrow."

 Morning came and luckily, I don't feel sick the moment I woke up. I immediately looked at him, admiring the view. I can't help but smile as he sleeps. Those long eyelashes and of course, those striking blue eyes underneath his eyelids were just too beautiful. I then ran my index finger on the bridge of his nose.

He moved slightly and I noticed a smile formed on his face. I knew he was already up. He then pulled me closer to him, his eyes still closed.

"Wakey, wakey, birthday boy," I whispered as I kissed the tip of his nose. "Happy birthday, hubby."

I then kissed his jaw before giving him a kiss on the lips. When I pulled away, he immediately leaned forward and kissed me again. "Good morning, birthday boy."

"This is probably one of the best starts of my birthday," He smiled at me and I could feel his hand running up and down my naked waist. "Actually, waking up with you is the best start of the day."

"Shut up," I giggled at his sweetness. "I love you but we should be up now because we should help your mom out in preparing for the foods."

"We don't really have to be early you know." He said as he started kissing my neck, making me moan. Great!  I guess a few minutes late wouldn't be that bad, right?

—-

Andrew and I heard my phone rang as we tried to catch our breath. Our legs still tangled, I tried to reach my phone from the bedside table. It was my mom calling.

"Hello, mom?"  I quickly said right after I answered her call.

"Where are you two?" My mom asked. "It's past ten in the morning. I thought you wanted to help us out in preparing for lunch?"

"Yes, yes," I answered as I nudged for Andrew to get up. "We'll be there in...let's say, uhm...thirty minutes."

My mom then hanged up and I looked at Andrew who was already pouting. I gave him the looks and he sighed as he reluctantly stood up.