four

four

~ Vanessa ~

Today's the day. Today's the day I have to go house hunting with the company of my cheating ex boyfriend. But to put it more politely the father of my child. Which I'm definitely not looking forward to, I'm perfectly capable of looking around some houses by myself. I don't need him to be there for approval of something I set my eyes on. Sure he can come, but I make my own decisions, not him.

I sigh changing out of my pyjamas and into a lovely long floaty maxi dress since it is warm outside today. And it doesn't make my bump look huge. I curl my hair as it sits over my chest and I do my usual makeup routine before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs. I grab a juicy burgundy red apple from the fruit bowl which I wash and eat for my breakfast.

Suddenly the doorbell is ringing and I look up at the clock, 6:30am. Nobody should be here this early, Karen isn't expecting someone is she? So many questions are running through my head as I walk down the hallway and I reach the door. Hesitantly I slowly undo the locks before flinging the door open and my jaw dropping. "Luke!" I squeal jumping on him, minding the baby as my legs are wrapped around his torso. "Hey" He laughs kissing my head before putting me down, I look behind him to see my mum. "Mum? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be working in Australia?" I frown and she shrugs biting her lip. "I gave it up to be here with you guys."

"Mum" My eyes fill with tears. She gave up her lively hood, for me.

"Come here" She chuckles pulling me into a motherly hug, minding my bump. "So do you guys mind if I stay? I can find somewhere-" I cut her off, "No! You can stay. It's getting too crowded here anyway so I'm going house hunting. When I find one, you can live with me, you too Luke. If you want to?" I bite my lip looking up at him as he laces his hands with mine. "Of course" He smiles pecking my lips. "Sounds like a plan" Mum grins rubbing her hands together. "Now let me in, come on we have so much catching up to do!"

I giggle moving aside as they both come in, I close the door guiding them to the kitchen. "Help yourselves to tea and coffee and shit" I wave my hand, sitting down at the table. "So what plans have you got today?" Mum asks as she begins boiling the kettle and making herself a coffee. Luke sits beside me with a glass of orange juice. "Nothing much, just the house hunting. Except Nathan has invited himself to come when I really don't want him to" I explain truthfully.

"Aw sweetheart" She sighs sitting across from me. "Tell him you don't need him to come anymore, because Luke and I are coming" She nods over in Luke's direction. "Aren't we Luke?" She smiles and he returns it, "Absolutely."

I smile looking down, knowing Nathan won't take no for an answer. "So how's mother and baby?" Mum changes the subject. "We're fine" I reply sipping my glass of water. "Have you started baby shopping yet?" She asks and I nod in response. "Yeah, I went yesterday. Bought a gorgeous Bugaboo pram which is going to be delivered and some unisex clothes since I don't want to know the sex."

"Bugaboo? Wow they're expensive! But a really good brand, they have some prams to die for. Must have cost you a lot" She chuckles sipping her coffee. "Yeah, well dad gave me his credit card. Sia buy whatever you want, the price doesn't matter" I shrug with a so and so expression. "In which case go for it" She laughs and Luke and I laugh along with her.

"What's all this noi- Oh Luke, Kate. Hello" Karen stands at the door wearing a her dressing gown over her pyjamas and a pair of slippers on her feet. Yes incase you haven't realised yet, Kate is my mums name.

"Hi Karen. How you doing?" Luke stands up and greets her with a kiss on the cheek. "Very well thank you Luke. And you?" She returns the question. "Yeah I'm great thanks" Luke replies before returning beside me. "Nice to see you, Karen" Mum hugs her before grabbing her mug and sipping her coffee.