fourteen

fourteen

~ Vanessa ~

I sigh feeling nervous for what Nathan and I are doing today. "It's going to be okay," Nathan reassures me whilst rubbing circles in my hand and I faintly smile. "I know. I just want to get it over with."

"And once it's over, we can start our new life" Nathan smiles and I return it. "Nathan?" He hums in response. "When all of this is over, can we go away for a while? Just me, you and our baby girl. On a holiday or something? So we can spend some time together?" I suggest and he softly kisses my lips with a nod.

"That sounds perfect" He whispers. "I love you, Vanessa."

"I love you too, Nathan" I stroke the hairs on the back of his neck before kissing his nose and he leans his head against mine and his hot breath fans my face. My heart stops when the sound of the door opening echoes throughout the house. "Hey, hey, hey. It's going to be okay" Nathan reassures me before stepping back but we keep our hands entwined. "Showtime," I whisper just before Luke walks into the room. He stops in his tracks and his eyes flicker down onto the sight of mine and Nathan's hands joined together.

"What's going on?" He questions and I can feel my blood boiling already. "We know, Luke" I state and he furrows his eyebrows before rubbing the back of his neck. "Know what?"

"Don't play the fool, Luke. We know everything" I grab the book from behind me on the counter and I slam it down on the table in front of him. "Ness - let me explain" Luke tries but I cut him off. "No, Luke! There's nothing to explain. You're a lying, cheating, manipulative scumbag. All this time you've been spying on us!"

"Look, I'm - I'm sorry okay" He sighs. "But don't make me out to be the bad person, you're the one who's been going around with Nathan behind my back" Luke shoots back and I gasp loudly before laughing. "And how long has this thing between you and Lola been going on?" I ask and the colour drains from his face.

"Tell me Luke!"

"Since before I met you, okay? We got together a while after she broke up with Nathan and she told me she wanted revenge on you for stealing her boyfriend" Luke explains quickly. I run my hand through my hair feeling frustrated and quite frankly knackered. "I just.. I want you to pack your things and go, Luke" I instruct him and he frowns. "You want me to leave? Ness - please"

"No, I want you out. In fact, you can leave now and pick your stuff up sometime when I'm not here, c'mon" I push him down the hallway whilst Nathan follows behind me and I swing the door open pushing him outside. "Vanessa, stop! You're overreacting" Luke complains but I scoff shaking my head and slamming the door shut. A heavy sigh leaves my lips and I rub my forehead and feel Nathan's arms around my waist.

"You did what you had to do" He whispers brushing his lips against my ear. "I know" I breathe before meeting his gaze. "It's over" My voice is only just audible. "It's finally over" I let my head drop into Nathan's warm chest and he kisses my head. "Wait, what about Ariana?" I look up quickly. "I called her this morning love, everything's fine now" He takes my hand in his, brings it to his lips and kisses my knuckles. "We should go back to the hospital.." I release an exhausted sigh and Nathan shakes his head. "You're tired enough as it is. You need some sleep, baby. My mum and Jess are sitting with her and if anything changes they'll call. C'mon let's go upstairs" Nathan lifts me up bridal style and carries me up to his bedroom.

"Nathan" I yawn into his chest and he hums in response. "Please can I wear your t-shirt? The one I always used to wear?"

"Of course you can" He smiles placing me down safely on the bed and I sit up and watch him root through his drawers for the shirt. I slowly stand up and creep up behind him, pressing a kiss to the back of his ear making him smile. He turns around and places his hands on my hips. His green eyes scan my face in silence before I part my lips and lean up, pressing my lips against his. His lips still taste the same, cookies and tea, the perfect combination and I know I'd never be tired of them.

My lips move sync with his and he walks forward making me walk back. I squeal when we fall back onto the bed. He hovers above me, just scanning every part of my face. "What are you staring at?" I blush deeply and I sink my teeth into my lip. "Just.. The love of my life" He whispers in response and I feel those butterflies I always get when I'm with him come again. I reach up and place my hand on his cheek, I can feel the light layer of stubble which he knows I like.

"We're gonna be okay, right?" I mumble.

"We're gonna be fine" He replies.

A/N: Sorry it's short, Wattpad deleted it and I had to rewrite it all and I didn't want to keep y'all waiting. I promise the next one will be longer and I'll update quicker, I swear. Love you all so much xoxoxox Jasmine.