twenty three

twenty three

three months later

~ Vanessa ~

After a long three months of wedding planning, despite it taking longer than we expected, today is the day I finally marry Nathan. I haven't heard from the mystery person since we got Melly back. And I hope to never hear from that sick person again. My hen weekend was amazing, the girls took me to a gorgeous spa where we sipped champagne, got massages ect. I can't wait to see Nathan in his suit, looking all handsome. Dress shopping was fun, my bridesmaids have beautiful long rose pink dresses which matches the flowers and my dress is a backless mermaid style lace dress. Correction, my dream dress.

"Are you nervous?" Kelsey asks whilst she is having her hair done.

"Honestly? Not right now, I just wanna marry Nathan as soon as possible" I reply sipping my orange juice. All the girls awe and I chuckle feeling my cheeks heat up. "You're going to look stunning, darling" Mason, the makeup artist, tells me and I thank him. My hair is in a lovely up do and my makeup is quite natural. Lots of golds and browns and obviously my usual winged eyeliner.

"Nareesha? Would you help me into my dress?" I ask and Nareesha grins before nodding. "Of course!"

Nareesha and I go into a separate room where I remove my robe and I slip into my dress and slide my feet into my heels. I suck in a deep breath before turning and looking at my reflection in the mirror. I gasp, clamping my hand over my mouth. I actually feel like a princess. I feel like I look decent for once.

"You look gorgeous" Nareesha smiles and I thank her. I step back out into the main room and everybody awes.

"Oh my gosh!"

"You look like a princess!"

"Absolutely stunning!"

"Thank you, guys" I bite my lip. There is a knock on the door and Jess opens it to reveal my dad. He takes one glance at me and covers his mouth with his hand. "You look.. Incredible" He says and I give him a hug. "Thank you, Dad."

"You girls look lovely too" He says to my bridesmaids and they smile.

"Anyway. The cars are downstairs, it's time to go" Dad tells us and we all nod grabbing our bouquets. When we step outside, I see a beautiful white Rolls Royce parked and a limo for the girls. Across the road I notice somebody dressed in a red coat, although I can't make out who it is. I climb into the car with my dad and he keeps hold of my hand the whole journey to the venue. We have booked a gorgeous hotel which has beautiful scenery outside which is where the ceremony is happening.

"Love?" Dad says and I hum for him to continue.

"Whatever happens, remember inside you'll always be a Green. And, I know your mother isn't here but I'm sure she's watching down on you. And I hope I've made you proud."

"Dad, I'll always be a Green. You're the best dad anyone could ever have. What mum said before she died was.. Upsetting, but I can feel her with me. I hope I've made you both proud too" I explain.

"Nathan. He's a great lad, just.. Before this happens, reassure me you're definitely certain" Dad looks at me.

"Dad," I sigh. "I've never been more certain about anything. He treats me like a princess, and he's the best dad to Melly. And.. Do you wanna know a secret?"

He nods and I lean into his ear and I whisper the big secret I've been hiding for a while now in his ear. He gasps before bursting into tears of happiness and I giggle hugging him again. The vehicle stops.

"It's time for me to get married" I grin. "C'mon"

I open the door and climb out followed by my dad. I breathe slow deep breaths whilst we are walking round to the little room where I will wait for my que to walk down the aisle. I see my bridesmaids are already there as well as Melly in her cute little dress.