eighteen

eighteen

~ Nathan ~

I yawn opening my eyes and rubbing them adjusting to the daylight escaping the curtains and I look down to my side to see my beautiful fiancé. Her eyes are so delicately closed and I can't help but admire her long lashes framing her eyes and her beautiful red tinted plump lips and her soft hair which always smells like apples with a hint of vanilla.

I am so lucky to have this second chance with her. Despite anything I ever had with Ariana, it'll never compare to what I have with Nessa. She makes me so happy, from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep. As long as she is in my life I'll remain an extremely happy man.

She stirs quietly, squeezing her eyes together before opening them and directing them up to meet mine. I gaze into her gorgeous chocolate orbs and I break into a large grin.

"Hi" She whispers.

"Hi, baby" I reply kissing her head followed by her nose then her lips. Gosh her sweet sweet lips, I could kiss them all day. "What time is it?" She questions and I grab my phone checking the time. "Ten thirty" I tell her and she lips her lips with a simple nod. Sighing she sits up and stretches her arms. "I'm gonna go take a shower" She states getting out of bed and leaving me for the bathroom. I sigh sitting up against the headboard in thought. She seems a bit off today, what's there to be off about? I proposed to her and we had such a good night last night, I don't know whether to ask her about it. I guess I should see how the day goes.

I grab my phone and I dial Max's number. After six rings he finally picks up. "Hey mate."

"Hey" I respond.

"Did you ask her? What did she say? How did it go?" He flies questions at me.

"I asked her, she said yes" I'm getting giddy again at the memory.

"Congratulations, mate. I'm dead chuffed for you both. What's happening down in Paris then?"

"Not much. We just woke up, Nessa's showering. I don't know, she seems.. a little off this morning" I tell him.

"Dont you realise what today is?" Max questions and I'm completely oblivious.

"No, why? What's today?" I urge him for an answer.

"Dude, today's the anniversary of.. you know, Zoe's death" He explains.

Shit

Shit

Shit

Oh fuck it is.

"Mate? You there?" Max is speaking down the phone.

"Yeah yeah. I'm here" I finally speak. "Just shocked."

"Yeah, and no offence mate but.. you didn't really support her back when it happened. You could really make it up to her today" He explains.

"How?"

"I don't know," Max sighs. "Just do something to cheer her up, take her mind off things."

"Alright, thanks mate" I rub my forehead.

"No problem, see you soon" He says before the line goes dead and I put my phone down.

I feel so stupid, today is the anniversary of Nessa's best friends death. I completely blanked her out that day. And paid attention to Ariana. I feel like absolute shit now. I was such a dickhead that say. But then again, Zoe's body was never there. And they never caught her killer. So this phsyco is still on the loose. But who the fuck is it?