thirteen

thirteen

~ Vanessa ~

I sigh holding my baby girl's tiny hand in between my fingertips. She's so small, and fragile, but so perfect. Despite all the wires and tubes and this hideous incubator case, she is ours. Mine and Nathan's. It's been a week since I had her, and still Nathan and I haven't named her. We just want to wait for the right time, when we can hold her, and identify her properly, and see what her name is truly destined to be.

I have been home since, I haven't left her bedside. I'm supposed to be on bed rest, but I just can't leave her. Luke has been a little distant lately, probably because Nathan and I are spending so much time together with the baby n'all. Ariana is currently on tour, thank goodness.

"How are my girls?" Nathan's voice whispers making me turn my head to see him standing in the doorway. "We're fine," I half smile flickering my eyes back to her. "Nessa, you really should go home and shower and get freshened up properly" He sighs standing beside the chair I'm sitting on and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I can't.. I can't leave her" I shake my head. "She'll still be here when you get back" Nathan reassures me. "How can you promise me that?" I sigh standing up and turning to face him. His hot breath fans my face and he cups it with his big hands and presses his lips on mine. The kiss lasts for what feels like forever, feeling his lips against mine makes me feel safe and secure and loved.

We pull away with that soft click and I open my eyes again to see him gazing down at me. "I promise, I won't leave her side."

"I love you so much" I whisper and he smiles tracing his thumb along my bottom lip. "I love you too."

I lean up, pecking his lips one more time and leaving the hospital. I manage to catch a taxi and it drops me off at home. I suck in a breath before unlocking the door and walking inside.

"Hello?" I call and there is no response. In fact it is deadly silent.

Of course it is.

I head upstairs and I shower and slip into some clean clothes. A cream coloured jumper printed with grey skulls and some denim jeans. I feel too down to do my makeup, so I don't do it today.

I sigh going into my room and starting to tidy up a bit. Picking up pieces of mine and Luke's clothing and I sort our washing into the drawers.

I frown when I feel something hard under Luke's clothes. I empty the drawer until I find a big brown book sitting in the bottom. I pull it out and I open it up, flicking through the pages and inhaling sharply.

There are pictures of Nathan and I everywhere, with paragraphs of writing saying what we've been doing, where and what time.

He's been spying on us! All this time, he's known about Nathan and I. He's been hiding it and he has been noting every single detail about us. And worse, a picture falls out, and I turn it over to see its a picture of Luke with Lola standing in between his legs and they're smiling and kissing.

It all makes sense now! They've been working together all along! In fact, he's been cheating on me too! This is unbelievable.

I feel my palms twitching with anger and I clench the book tightly. I grab my bag and I shove it in and I head back to the hospital. I storm up to the maternity ward where my baby girl is. I swing the door open and Nathan turns around with a frown. "Babe? What's up?"

"You have to see this" I reply, opening my bag and pulling out the book. I let Nathan flick through it and he grits his teeth. "Who the fuck did this?"

"Luke" I swallow making him look up at me. "And worse," I take the photo of him and Lola from the back of the book and I show Nathan. "This is so fucked up" He slams the book closed. "But also good, because with this evidence, I'll have a reason to leave Luke for good. Then we can be together" I grab his hands hopefully.

"What about Ariana?" Nathan sighs and I place my hand on his cheek so he is looking at me. "She won't care, she'll probably just go back to Jai, it's obvious that's what she wants. All you have to say is you don't think it's working out and you want to break up, then we're free to be an official couple again. Us and our little girl" I place my other hand against the incubator.

"You're right. So when do we do this?" Nathan raises his head.

"Tomorrow."

A/N: Sorry it's short, I have planned the next chapter, thank god. Hopefully I'll be in the mood to continue writing this again. And I see you've all taken a liking to Fifty Shades of Sykes which is incredible, thank you thank you thank you! And maybe after I've finished Lost, what type of fanfic would u like me to post? Nathan bad boy fanfic or one where he's still famous or.. Gimme something okay? ilyasm xxxxxx