twenty two

twenty two

~ Vanessa ~

I am sitting on the floor beside Melody's cot, just staring into it. Clutching her favourite teddy bear to my chest. Stray tears fall down my cheeks, my lips are chapped, my skin is cold. I haven't moved these past two weeks. Nathan has tried getting me to eat, I never eat any of it though. My dad, Karen, Jess and all the boys have stuck up missing posters for Melly. It just doesn't seem real, that she's out there, unsafe with a complete stranger. I miss cuddling with her, singing her Nathan's songs and seeing her beautiful smile in the morning.

I've lost my best friend, my mum and now my daughter. Who's next?

"Babe" Nathan whispers appearing crouched beside me. "Please, talk to me. Say something. Please, I can't bare this anymore" His eyes hold hurt and sadness. He is giving up, my heart is breaking. I've hurt him for too long now, blanking him, not eating, not answering. We haven't kissed since Melody was taken, been intimate. I must admit, I miss it all.

I push away the horrible ache in my body and I wrap my arms around Nathan. I hear him inhale sharply before breathing a sigh of relief. His strong arms warm up my body, I tug at the hairs on the back of his neck, my eyes welling up with tears.

"It's alright," Nathan says. "I'm here" He hushes me with his words and I release a few tears. He pulls away and laces his hands with mine. "I promise we're going to get through this."

I nod and he leans forward before softly kissing my lips. My whole body immediately feels warm and tingly like it used to. "C'mon" Nathan helps me up and my body hurts from being in one position. Nathan closes the lid on the toilet and I sit down. I watch him run me a bubble bath and he even lights some candles.

"Now I want you to have a soak, take your time and relax. I'll make you something nice to eat, alright?" He explains.

I nod thanking him and he kisses my head before leaving the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I undress and I slip into the warm bath. I smile feeling a lot more relaxed and I lean my head back. I close my eyes and I block out all of the thoughts. I wash my body before grabbing my strawberry shampoo, I lava it up in my hands and I cleanse my hair. I rinse everything off before squeezing my hair and stepping out, wrapping a towel around my body.

I walk into our room and I see Nathan has set me out one of his t-shirts I love and his grey sweatpants. He knows I love wearing his clothes.

I blow dry my hair, pull on the clothes and I head downstairs. The house is filled with a tremendous smell and I follow it into the kitchen. Nathan has his back to me, so I tiptoe behind him and I slip my small arms around his torso. "What are you making?" I ask curiously.

"Spaghetti bolognese, one of our favourites. Remember?" He smiles turning around to face me and I nod with a small smile back. "How was your bath?" He questions. "Nice. Thank you" I lace my hands with his.

"Listen.. I'm really sorry, for blanking you these past couple of weeks. I've been such a selfish cow, I'm so sorry, Nath. I don't even know why you're still with me" I explain before chuckling.

"Nessa, don't ever ever say that! I'm with you because I love you, you and Melly are my world. We've all been upset, and we all have our own ways of dealing with things. But you're far from a selfish cow, and as soon as we get our daughter back I'm going to marry you and we're going to be together forever" Nathan bites his lip.

I immediately place my hand on his stubbly cheek and I passionately smash my lips onto his. His kisses me back and his lips move in sync with mine. We pull away and he rests his forehead on mine.