From Friends To Soul Mates.

Chapter 1: Kim's mind

"Ji Yong?" I called out his name for help. But never answered. I ran thru the empty house. "Ji, Ji please answer me." Still no reply. As I cried for his help.

"Kim, Kim run for your life, and don't look back!"

I did as he told. I ran, didn't look back or nothing. Looking behind, there was a dark shadow chasing me. "Ji, its after me. What do I do?" I cried.

Suddenly, it all stopped. Everything was quit, dark. Finally, I opened my eyes. I was in my room. I looked at my alarm clock, it was only 3:30. I looked at my phone to see if I had any new messages from him, none. I laid back in my bed remembering the dream I just had. It was terrifying. My heart was still beating fast. Why did I have such a nightmare? Was it worth even having.

For the rest of the night I was awake, until it was time to go to work. Ugh, I sure did hate going to work. I worked at a coffee café called "The Coffee Prince" their coffee there was very expensive, that's how it got it's name. people said that our coffee was the best in town. I got up out of my bed and looked for my work-outfit. After I got dressed, I headed down stairs.

"Who needs coffee when you work at a café." I thought to myself. I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. Huh, Ji Yong must be awake. "Good morning, Ji Yong." He looked at me with a smile. I smiled back so I didn't seem rude.

"Don't forget to pick up bread." He said with a smirk. I nodded, not paying him much mind.

"I'm leaving." Ji Yong could be a completely rude in the mornings right after he awakens.

I got into the car, it was a little nifty outside. Not a surprise living in New York. I started the car, turning on the heat. I sat there for a moment waiting for the car to heat up. Finally after two minutes the car was warm. I drove off into the foggy morning.

I reach work. Business was quit slow at five. So we had to wait until about seven before we started. We let the coffee pots warm up at about thirty minutes til seven. Me and Adeline talked before it was time to get started.

"So, has he asked you out yet?" I laughed at her.

She knows I had a crush on him since we was younger. "No, and why does that concern you? If he asks he asks. Until then, no miss noisy!"

Ever since she's found out that I've liked Ji Yong, she's been down my back about it. She wants me to ask him out. But I have no clue if he likes me the same way. Just because we have a apartment together doesn't mean he likes me, and I have no idea if he even knows I like him that way.

And if he does then, he must be keeping his distance. We haven't talked much lately. Huh, I don't know anymore. As I sat there wondering about him my thoughts go interrupted by a customer. "Uh, miss? Miss?" I snapped back into reality.

"So sorry. What would you like, we have special going on!" I put a smile on my face to hide my curiosity.

"Can you name the specials to me please, cause I get tired of ordering the same old thing every morning."

"Of course, we have the caramel chocolate chip, and the Swedish cool whip." The man smiled. He looked at the menu.

"I'll take the special, sounds like it could really get you up in the morning." I smiled and looked back at Adeline, she nodded her head.

As the man waited he sat at the booth by the left side near the window. He usually sat there every morning. "The order is almost done!"

"Okay good! he seems like he's getting impatient!" We both laughed. She took him his order. He bowed in thankfulness and left. "First customer down, a thousand more to go."

It was finally time to go home. Great I was tired. I got into my car, there was something I was forgetting. But I just couldn't remember what it was. Hmm. As I thought to myself of what I was needing to get. I drove off. I reach the apartment building. I got out the car. "I swear I'm missing something? I don't know." I walked off into the house. "Ji Yong, I'm home, are you?"

We always said that to each other when ever one got home before the other did. Usually he was back from practice when I got home.

"Yes, and did you get the bread like you were suppose to?" Oh, that's what I was forgetting.

"Uh, Um see what had happen was I forgot to pick it up cause I was distracted by, um this guy!" Yeah, great excuse. When I looked up the steps I seen him running down them like he was mad.

"KIM!"

"Damn, if your that mad about the frigging bread I'll go back out and get some?"

"No that's not it. Who is 'This Guy' in quote?" I sighed. I thought he came running down the steps mad about the bread.

"Oh, just some really cute guy who came in the store this morning!" I lied, usually I don't lie, but its funny to see him mad.

"Oh, well, was he cuter then, oh let's say...me?" I laughed at his example.

"Why should it matter to you if he's cuter?" I laughed as I was talking.

"I was only wondering, not that it matters, I just want to know! Is that so wrong?"

"Well I think you and Hyun have the nicest relationship going on?"

He gave me a dirty look. "Now Kim, you've known me for years now, and you of all people should know that I don't swing that way!" Just hearing him say that was funny to me.

"Okay Kwon Ji Yong!" I laughed walking away to the upstairs. What a day!