Chapter 1

"Wake up Avery" my mom yells trying to get me up for school. I hate school but not because of learning I'm ahead of my class with a 4.05 GPA but cause of bullies and teenagers who think they own high school. Groaning getting out of bed I go to my closet to chose my outfit. Sticking to my usual style I go with comfortable but presentable.

Grabbing my bookbag and walking downstairs I hear my little brother Lucas pout " come on sis we are going to be late" he comes to hug and beg me

Grabbing my bookbag and walking downstairs I hear my little brother Lucas pout " come on sis we are going to be late" he comes to hug and beg me. Looking at my clock I realize if we don't go now we are going to be late. Picking  him up to put him in his carseat, he is only six when my mom told my sperm donor that she was pregnant with Lucas he left because he could'nt deal with another child. Buckiling up I start driving to school.

Arriving at school I jump out and get Lucas out, since he is still small i have to walk him in which i dont mind. "Hand bub" i ay reaching for his hand. I try to be the best big sister i can since our dad left. Stopping at his class I explain to him " I have basketball pratice today so i will come get you but you will have to watch sissy pratice". He jumps up exicted and walking into his class. The bell rings which means I'm late.

"Is there a reason your late Ms. Michaels" my English teacher ask as I walk through the door late. "Sorry I had to walk my brother to class" she smiles like she understands and points to my seat. Taking notes for no reason I look over to see my bestfriend since 2nd grade Alecia taking her usual nap. The lunch bell rings scaring her awake making me laugh and her grumpy. Getting our food we sit down and tell each other about our weekends. "I just hung out with Garett but i thik he is cheating on me" she says,i dont like him. She started crying and i of course comforted her. The schools ho walks up to our table "Oh Im guessing Garret told you about our hook up" and right on cue in he walks.  Alecia gets ups stomping to him,reaching him she slaps him across the face."Really i thought you loved me i trusted you over my bestfriend and you slept with Mariana" he tries to hug her but i step in "No dont ever do that again you just lost the only good thing in your whole messed up life" i  spat. Pushing him away we leave him speechless.

Now the end of school I head to Lucas class to pick him up, running into my arms he hugs me.Putting him down we head to the gym for my pratice. Alecia was in the bathrrom crying so i needed to changed and no one was there to watch Lucas until i heard him yell and run to "Lane", Lane Gray the schools playboy and quaterback.He has been asking non stop for me to go on a date with him but i know guys like that so i always say no. He greets me and Lucas by saying "Hey buddy" and then looks at me "Hey Princess""Whhat are you doing here" he ask Lucas "Watching sissy play basketball" he says happily. Lane thens adds something i didnt want him to "If its alright ill watch with you" and lucas nods a fast yes while i go change.

On the bleachers I spot them and Lane is messing with him and Lucas is just giggling. Looking at how he interacts with him I decided to give him a chance but with extreme caution. During pratice they cheered for me which seeing Lucas smile i loved. Being done with practice i see Alecia standing by door crying while Lucas and Lane run to me, Lane sees me worry about her and asks about it. "Her boyfriend cheated with Mariana" I explain and he dosent looked shocked. Suprisiing him i questioned "do you still want to go out with me" and he looks at me "of course but you always say no" walking to leave i whisper in his ear "Pick me up at 7:00 toommorow".