Drabble-> Unspoken

His eyes, A intriguing pair of molten chocolate were everything I was living for ever since I had shifted to this new flat. He lived three doors away, In a 3 BHK flat identical to mine. From the few conversations we'd had I knew he was working for an IT firm and was the Career-Oriented guy. I knew, From the day I had seen him that.. He was the one. But being the shy introvert small town young adult that I was, Never dared to talk beyond socially required. We were what the others would call Smile Mates. He'd smile at me everyday before leaving for office and I'd smile back. That man in his early twenties, Had introduced me to the feeling of having butterflies in my stomach. My insides bursting with emotions with his simple gesture. But I knew I had to keep my feelings under check, I knew He was the moon and I... I a mere onlooker. An onlooker who could admire the moon all he liked, But could never touch it.

It had been a little more than an year. We were still the smile mates that we had been earlier, The only difference being, He was now more successful than he had been an year ago. And I was more messed up than ever. Yes, He was the reason. I saw him, The only man who had made me feel "all those girlish emotions I used to literally cringe at the mention of" walking hand in hand with a girl of my age. And then, Kissing her on the cheek the next moment. Oh and there, He made me feel another new feeling altogether. I felt my heart being clawed mercilessly by something. I didn't have the energy or the will-power to go and confront him about what he made me feel. Not now... Not after this. Was I being reckless? Maybe. But I couldn't take it anymore. The feeling of heartbreak. I had heard its never easy to deal with the pain of being heartbroken, But experiencing the same was beyond words any dictionary of the world could describe. It was truly devastating.

It was a sunday, I was cleaning up. Suddenly my heartbeat sped up. I looked up at the door the exact minute the doorbell rang. Fixing my appearance, Unknotting my duppatta I made my way to the door. I touched the cold doorknob I had touched a million times before and felt current passing through my body. Reflexively removing my hand from the knob I frowned. Was I hallucinating? Taking a deep breath... I twisted the key in the doorknob. A faint click sound was heard and door opened ajar. He stood there with a small smile. "Hullo" I started fidgeting with the dupatta

"Hey. May I come in?" He asked. His voice soft and soothing felt like honey to my ears. I was pulled into his ocean like eyes Deep and Beautiful. Jerking out of my trance I made way for him to enter

"My name is Arnav, By the way. I don't think I have told you that before. Or have I?" He asked

"No.. No you haven't." I said that in a barely audible whisper. I realized, After being in love with him for almost 14 months that He had never even told me his name. And possibly my "Smile Mate" also didn't know my name.

He smiled sheepishly.

"I am Khushi." I said smiling back

"I missed this exchange" He said. My eyes flew open due to shock.

"W-What?" I stuttered

"You didn't come to the door since last week. Are you fine?" He asked. His chocolate brown eyes showing concern

"I am" I replied

"You are not a very convincing liar Khushi" Arnav said. His lips stretched into a mischievous smile

I lowered my eyes embarrassed

"Will I see you tomorrow?" He asked

I nodded slightly. He smiled and brushed his fingers with my cheeks, sending sparks down my spine.

I knew I hadn't imagined them this time. And I felt my cheeks heating up as I saw him leaving through my front door.

"Damn!! I am blushing" I muttered audibly. He glanced at me and I could see a satisfied smirk on his face and a strange emotion floating in his eyes.

Possessiveness!!
For me!!
Was He really possessive of me??

Only one way to find out
Monday couldn't have been more eagerly awaited

Based on a completely random thought. Do give it a read. Those of you who have read it earlier, Yes Its the same one that I had published as a separate book but many of you didn't read it and I wanted it to reach all my readers.

I would love if you could share your views on this small piece of writing.

Vote
Comment
It would mean the world to me.

Those of you who've read this earlier, Just comment one more time

Pretty please *Pleading* *puppy face*

So.. How do you like this open ended story?

Might.. or might not continue this. This is open to your people's interpretations for now

Please do let me know.

Vote and Comment

Love
Vinny