Eternity & Beyond [II]

Arnav & Khushi spent the rest of the next two hours talking to each-other, Khushi bombarded him with questions regarding his life in the last four years while Arnav answered each one of them with utmost patience and a constant smile on his face

Leave something for tomorrow as well, I'm not going anywhere. You have me all for yourself now.. I know you are my personal chatterbox, but I'm amazed at your ability to talk endlessly.” Arnav teased Khushi who flashed him a stern look and pouted adorably.

Arnav chuckled and pecked her lips chastely

You don't have to go now?” Khushi asked excitedly, Her eyes shone with joy while her lips stretched into a full-blown smile causing Arnav to smile just as widely and cup her cheeks.

Didn't I promise that once I'm back, I'll never leave my butterfly again? How can I break my promise?” Arnav asked lovingly, And damn him if his heart didn't skip a beat seeing her eyes reflecting pure love for him.

Seconds turned into minutes, Arnav kept looking at Khushi her hazel eyes with golden flecks holding his molten chocolate orbs captive in a spell that seemed to be strengthening with every second that passed between them. The spell was broken rather abruptly by the voice of Shashi Gupta.

Gudiya..(doll)” Shashi called out cheerfully, Khushi tensed up hearing the voice, her hand quickly found his. Arnav knowing exactly the reason behind her behaviour caressed her hand soothingly while Shashi entered the room with a smile on his face.

Sorry Gudiya, Woh kucch kaam se urgently office jaana pada- (Sorry doll, I had some urgent work, so had to go to the office-)” Shashi stopped abruptly noticing Arnav sitting next to his daughter.

Arnav stood up from his place, “I’ll be right back Khush” Arnav said softly, Khushi gulped.

Khushi unwillingly let go of his hand when Arnav gave her an assuring nod. He walked towards Shashi and bent to touch his feet. Shashi stepped back instinctively, surprised at Arnav's move.

Hello Sir,” He greeted, stepping back hastily “I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'm sorry if I did.

What are you doing here You had left hadn't you?” Shashi asked

Shall we move into the hall? The nurse will be here in a few minutes to change her drip.” Arnav asked politely, Shashi furrowed his eyes in confusion but nodded

.FLASHBACK

Arnav stopped his motorbike in front of the Gupta Mansion, Khushi got down from the vehicle along with ArnavDon’t you want to come in?She asked hugging him.

Arnav hugged her back, Not today, Some other day maybe. I have errands to run. I mightn't have free time for a few days.He reasoned.

Khushi broke the hug.

You're always busy.She complained childishly, Arnav chuckled.

You know how AK and AR are keeping me occupied most of the days, being in the initial stages they need attention that's why I'm not able to take out time for my baby, I'm sorry.Arnav apologized holding his ears.

Khushi smiled, removing his hand from his ears It's Okay, It's just a matter of time.She said.

It's just a matter of time.Arnav assured her, He couldn't help but feel proud of how understanding a partner he had been blessed with.