20: Rock Em to Sleep-Part 2

>>>>>>>>>>>>Picture of Nikkos Parents House>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ebony

      My finger rested on top the button, while my other hand protected my stomach. The last thing I wanted to do was let Kollins hurt me again, but my mother's dying words haunted me. "You have one minute," I warned holding the control for the nurse's button. "I'm your brother! Your going to give me a minute," he sneered, taking a step forward. I scooted up and held the button closer. "You're a man whose almost taken my life on more than one occasion," I said through gritted teeth. His eyes got sad as his head fell. "Ebony, what happened was a complete accident! I was trying to take out the chick you were with, and had no clue you would get in the way like that," he explained. I scoffed, "I got in the way? Well, I'm so sorry i blocked your bullet from it's intended target," I said sarcastically. "Ebony watch your tone," he said interrupting me. "NO Kollins! I'm not going to watch my fucking tone!" My eyes began watering as everything that had built up over the years started flooding out!

      "For years you took care of me when mom died, and you were THE BEST big brother a sister could ever ask for. Then you left me for a drug habit, and a bitch who isn't even around anymore. I've stuck with you, thinking and just hoping you'd revert back to the old Kollins, but you don't. Your mean and abusive, and you never worry about anyone but yourself anymore. I've been protecting you and looking after you for way too long now! For God's sake Kollins, I LOST MY VIRGINITY BECAUSE OF YOU! I gave up half of my life FOR YOU, and you shoot me in my back!" The tears are pouring out of both of our eyes now. His face is contorted in pain as we both reminisce the troubles we've been through. "At this point I'm done Kollins...," I cried. "What do you mean done Ebony Angel? I'm not a boyfriend or a best friend! I'm your family!  Fanmi (Family)," he said in our mothers native tongue. 

        "Don't talk to me about family, Kollins. Not after all you've done," I shook my head. Wiping my eyes, I tried to pretend like my heart wasn't breaking in two. The last living family member I had and I was telling him, "Ou se mouri m '," In my mother's native tongue, this meant, you are dead to me. "Ebony please," he said as he fell to his knees in tears, crying out in desperation. "I know I fucked up so many times, but I need you right now. I'm back on drugs and i cant get clean without you! You know that," he clung to my hospital sheets as my eyes went wide. He continued begging and apologizing, and my heart got heavier with grief. Then it hit me. The time his crackhead friend had molested me, and the time I gave my body to that drug dealer to keep him alive. I thought of the baby growing inside of me and knew, as I pressed the button, this was the breaking point. It wasn't me I had to primarily worry about. It was my child. "Kollins please, just go. I can't do this right now. Go enroll yourself in a clinic, get better first and work on yourself. I can't be your crutch anymore," I cried trying to help him up. 

          His eyes became angry and he slapped my hands away. "You can't do this right now? Oh, but when i was out there hustling in Cali for you, I didn't feel like doing that shit," he growled, grabbing me by my arms roughly. "Kollins! Stop it, let me go," I winced trying to push him off of me. "I've looked out for you since we were young! Denise was right about you! You just wanted to use me, just like everyone else! She knew you were going to leave me from the jump, but you want me to treat you with kindness," he spat dragging me out the bed, but this time I fought. I jerked my arm loose and slapped him across his face. "Get off of me you, bastard," I yelled as two officers and a nurse ran into the room. He raise's his fist to hit me, and with my free hand I hit him again! "You're just like Davey," I yelled as they restrained him and pulled a furious Kollins out of my room. "Are you okay," the nurse asked coming over to help me into the bed. I nodded as I started to feel the pain and a slight dizziness. "I'm better then ever," I sighed having gotten that off my chest. The only thing I feared now was Kollins coming back...