17. Lies, Truths, and Discipline

>>>>>>>>> Picture On The side of Kinzy and Jyrell >>>>>>>>

Nikko

     "You a forgetful ass mother fucka'," I pushed Jyrell. "Fuck you, taco boy," he teased, as he opened the door to Kinzy's house. He'd forgotten to bring the guy's name and number, who called him about a tip. He wrote it down and left it in a drawer at home, and after he picks me up, I just so happened to make him remember someone had called. Of course that might have something to do with him and Kinzy going through it again. Here I thought, Jyrell whined a lot when they weren't together, but it was just as bad when they are together. "I got your taco alright," I mumbled walking in behind him. He chuckled and went and grabbed me a Gatorade from the fridge before going into the back of the house. This reminded me of being at Ebony's that day. My favorite flavored Gatorade was the white too.

     My plan to get Ebony to talk that day hadn't gone that well, but I did get closer to a confession. When we started talking about my family though I got sidetracked. It was one subject I didn't like to bring up to anyone. Just the thought of my father made my jaw hurt. The fact that Poochie has called my father and told him what was going on made it no better. Now I had an emergency meeting out of town to go and meet with the big dogs, and I wasn't looking forward to it. Violence would be inevitable knowing my father.

     "Yo Nikko," Jyrell shouted from the back of the house. He sounded off, so I cautiously pulled out my gun and made my way to their room. "Wassup," I asked looking around the room from the doorway, before entering. Nothing or no one else seemed to be here and nothing was out of place, I wonder why he was tripping. I walked into their attached bathroom and saw him reading a box, a pregnancy test box! "Ode lay," I exhaled heavily. "What," he said agitated? "I mean congratulations, amigo," I patted him on the back. "Fuck you, Nikko. Man why the fuck didn't she fucking tell me," he barked slamming the pregnancy test down! "Just ask her," I chuckled and jumped up onto the marble counter in the bathroom. "Yeah its all fun and games until your the one getting a girl pregnant," he growled while pulling out his phone. 

     "A lil snappy aren't we," I continued to joke. What could I say, I was entertained by the situation. Jyrell glared at me, making me laugh silently to myself.

     "Where are you," Jyrell went straight into angry mode on the phone. You could hear the attitude all in his tone, and I probably hadn't helped. I watched his face as he listened to her, "By my mom's," Jyrell asked? Whatever she said after that left my homie, clenching his jaw and balling up his fist. Man, I thought he was angry before, but she was taking him there! I couldn't help the small chuckle that I kept to myself by turning my head. And guys always want to be in a relationship for what? His breathing got heavy before he finally responded in an almost demonic tone. "Were you going to wait until you were six months again to tell me you were pregnant this time too," he asked? Oh shit, the drama.

     "Why didn't you tell me," he continued after a small pause. Jyrell grabbed the test and held it up, "What're you saying? This not yours? It belong to a friend or something," he barked at her. The smile on my face fell, and instantly I thought of Ebony. What if she was the one to who peed on that stick? If that wasn't Kinzy's pregnancy test, it would most likely be her closest friend's! I mean girls do that shit, I've seen it in a movie once. Being with their friend for emotional support or some shit. "Whose that test for," I asked as I saw him hang up the phone. I'd missed the end of the conversation, but I was too worried to care. I thought the Plan B had worked after she told me she had her period. What if she lied? Damn, what if she was trying to trap me? No, that can't be Ebony can't lie for shit. Is it possible in the last two weeks she found out and hadn't told me?Questions kept bubbling up in my head, making me nervous.