35: Body Count 5

:. Previous Chapter- Nikko saw the new about Poochie and in a rage killed James in front of Jyrell. Michigan popped up at Nikko's house when she got wind of the news about Poochie and met Ebony. Kinzy finally got her mind right after having a talking to with Miss Janice.:

>>>>>>>>>>>> Nikko>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

      I fucking hated hospitals and it seems like I've been in a hospital often these days. One of the worst parts of dealing with hospitals is the waiting. Even worse is the not knowing. I've been sitting here with my hat low, my leg shaking, and my sweaty hands locked and fingers twisting nervously. I was uncomfortable with the situation because i was stuck between being here when Poochie woke up and being out there finding out how this went wrong. However, Wolfe who I would've talked to first, was dead.
        James, the second suspect, I had killed at the time of the crime. So now I just wanted war with the city but I couldn't do that. I had Ebony and the baby to think about now. I couldn't just risk my life and not give a fuck because there were others I had to take care of. And this was my mental conflict for the last 14 hours I had been here. Should I go or should i stick around and wait to speak with someone about my cousins condition. On the one hand staying meant I wouldn't cause trouble for what might not be anything, but leaving meant finding who did this before they knew i was looking for them. Either way someone had to pay for hurting the familia, I thought as I stood to leave the hospital.

      I'd grown tired of sitting here, and if i was careful everything would be fine. I repeated that I'd just question a few people, but that was a lie. I know this city would have blood shed but with the drug wars that's been happening... Wait a minute, was this a set up by Chresanto? Just when I thought it was coming together a grip on my shoulder pulled me back to the real world.

       Instantly I went for my gun, and another hand landed on my other hand stopping me from pulling it out of my waist band. "Chill primo," I look up to see Jovani's face and am momentarily shocked. What was he doing here? My mind didn't stay focused on that for long though because soon I was back in kill mode. I must have looked at him violently or something because he dropped his hand and nodded for his homeboy Tiger to do the same. It wasn't anything against him either, but right now I didn't want to be bothered with others. "My dad call you," I ask him? He looked at Tiger for a second then sighed, "Nikko the whole family are on their way down here, man. One of the officers who works heavy with your pops sent him the report and broke the news to him. He's furious and the the old heads called an immediate meeting once they arrive and they're going to your home."

        My mind was trying to take all of this in when it hit me that Ebony was staying with me now, and if mi familia were headed to my house then Poochie wasn't the only thing I had to worry about. "Family of Paul Rivorie." Our attention snapped from the family business to the doctor who walked out of the emergency room. Jovani walked ahead of me and towards the doctor but I stood there still as if I were made of stone. Here it was, the hour of revelation and I was just standing here looking at the doctors lips move. I might've been a Rivorie but right now i felt weaker than ever, the last time I felt like this was when my abuelo died. It felt like things were falling apart again but I was the one in charge, and like my abuelo and my father i had to be strong. It felt like rocks were weighing down my shoes as I walked towards where they were talking. "You guys have been back there for hours, you're telling me y'all haven't already gotten all the bullets out," Jovani's voice was agitated. I inhaled deeply before walking up next to Jovani and placing a hand on his rigid shoulders.

          "Where are we at as far as his health is concerned," I asked the doctor more calmly than i felt. He looked between the three of us and then down at his chart. "He was shot four times. Three in the chest and once in the back from what we can tell. The problem is that two of those bullets are broken into fragments and some of those fragments are very close to vital veins and organs. We've gotten the other two out and have stopped most of the bleeding but our surgeon who specializes in that field is currently out of country. I'm having our nurses phone nearby hospitals to see if we can move him or get somebody here. However we don't have a lot of time on our hands, the surgeries need to be done pronto if we're going to have any chances of saving him from being paralyzed or death," he informed us with little hope.