4. My Main Nigga

----Ebony--

>>Picture On The Side of Jyrell and Joshua>>>

    Looking to my right, I sighed heavily and closed my eyes. Every part of me dreaded this piece of reality. I wish I could just go to school on a scholarship and not have to worry about the tuition, books, and other fees. Don't get me wrong I was a smart girl, but after the rape incident, I slipped into a depression. I missed too many days of school, my grades really slipped, and my grade point average fell traumatically. My teachers tried to help me but I was in such a dark place. I just kept thinking about the pain and then with my brother leaving it just got worse. Had I not shown up for my exams I wouldn't have graduated. Not that I would have cared because life to me was unfathomable at that time. I didn't even want to live, but the thought of my mother disapproving quickly withdrew the action. I can't count how many times I brought the blade to my wrist but never cut deep enough. 

   Turning off my car I stepped into the warm summer night air and took slow strides towards Rough Riders. I loathed working in this place, with these greasy and trifling ass men. The only thing that made it better was hanging with the ladies, and I pretty much got along with every girl here. I stayed to myself and never spoke ill of anyone. I had no time for petty female drama when my problems at home were far more worse. For the most part the girls knew I was chill and to respect me, because I'd jump on a bitch quick. Between the boxing lessons that my brother had me take at thirteen, and my street knowledge, these hoes had no chance. Tall, slim, fat, or short I'd rock a chick to sleep with no hesitation for disrespecting me. 

  "Whats up, Rocky," I smiled at our weekend night bouncer. He dapped me off and smiled. "What's good, Angel. Your ass been working less huh? It's final exam time again," he asked while letting his eyes roam my body. When I tell you everyone's business gets around this club faster then you can search something on Goggle, I'm not kidding. People always knew what was happening, before it happened up in here. 

    "Nah, I've been sick you know. And you better watch them eyes before Brianna come out here and smack 'em back into your head," I teased as he unclasped the velvet rope and let me in. He snorted and rolled his eyes, "If you knew like I know she better stay where she at," he spat. I laughed at him and walked in. Rocky and Brianna were truly horrible for each other, I mean total opposites, but they were on and off again weekly. You couldn't tell them when they were together, that they weren't really in love. It would be cute, if they didn't fight in here all the time. The shit just got aggravating as hell after the third time, especially since I'm usually the one to break it up.

           "Hey Angel," one of the strippers said walking pass me. "Hi," I waved back. 

    Everyone here called me Angel, and no one but the owner and my best friend knew my real name. I wanted to keep my personal life totally separate from my club life, and I didn't need my government name in nobodies mouth out on these streets. Speaking of my best friend, I spotted her ass in the usual place, since she was the bartender. She used to strip here, until she got pregnant and her baby father wasn't having it anymore. Kinzy and Jyrell to me was the ideal couple back when they were together, but even now that they weren't together, they still held each other down. I walked over to my red head, high yellow, and thick best friend, and took a seat at the bar. "Yo! Let me get two shots boo," I called making her look up at me. She smiled and finished pouring a customer's drink before walking over to me with a hand on her hip. 

    "Well if it isn't my Ebony Angel! Where in the hell have you been? You've been missing for four days heifer! And I have told you about leaving me in this club with all these crazy hoes! Especially Porsche's ass," she ranted. I laughed and laid my chin on my fists to hear the past week's events. After the Poochie incident, I kept the money at my place and laid low. I've only been going to school, and my day job at the airport Starbucks. I knew he probably had niggas looking for me on the street even though he never got my name, so I steered clear of the club. When we counted the money it came to seventy-five thousand! Kollins was ecstatic, but the money had to be split two ways. He got the forty-five thousand and I got the rest. As much as I had wanted to argue I knew Kollins would quickly say that he came up with the idea, and needed to get his new car. So I just took my portion and left it alone.