Thank The Gods!

LEO

It has been 3 days since Aphrodite came into my bunker and took Calypso's crystal. I still have no idea why she will need the crystal or what she will need it for. I haven't gone out of my bunker since that day but I feel like I should take a nice stroll through the forest. It does sound nice, doesn't it?

I walked out of my cabin and stared at the forest beside me. Unconscionably, I started walking very fast toward it, like it was calling for me. Before I knew it I was surrounded by large trees and ankle high grass.

"Hello, hero."

"Holy Hephaestus! Who are- wait, Hermes?"

"Yes, I come with a message from the gods." I groaned, What do they want now?, I thought as I signaled Hermes to continue.

"This message will be a little surprising and not common. Anyway,as you may know gods are immortal. We are just like monsters, we die, we reform. The more powerful you are, the faster it is to recover. Now, we were supposed to take Calypso's immortality the 6th day after she arrived at Camp Half-Blood. It was also supposed to be at midnight but Calypso died at the end of sunset so she was still immortal when she was killed. With a lot of pleading, arguing and change of minds, Zeus has decided to... give you something."

"Wait, Hermes, where are you going with this?" I asked. Hermes waved his hand to dismiss the question.

"Zeus talked to the Fates and Hades. He convinced them to speed up Calypso's cycle of recovery. Now, now, don't get too excited." Hermes said as he watched my face lit up with his words.

"For the experiment to work we needed 3 essential materials: demigod blood, which was easy concerning your wrists." I fidgeted, and pulled my long sleeve shirt down.

" Next, god blood, which Aphrodite donated with a lot of squealing about love and other stuff. Finally, an object from the god/goddess-."

"The crystal." I said, cutting off Hermes.

"Exactly! Now, we would like you to know that this hasn't ever happened. The only reason was because Zeus admired your courage to go to Olympus and talk to him like that. He also admired Calypso's bravery to protect you in danger. And, like I said before, there was a lot of pleading from Aphrodite, Hephaestus and myself."

"Thank you! Thanks to all the gods up there in Mount Olympus. To all the minor gods too, who cares. Thank you, Fates. Thank you, Hades. This story will be written in books, told to children. It will give you guys a good reputation and not the kind with all the arguing and fighting and curses. Thank you."

"You're welcome, young hero. But, there is something you must know. This process takes power, great power. When Calypso comes back her immortality will be gone. All the power she will have left is like those of demigods."

"I understand." Excitement was flooding through my body. I can finally see her again. Where is she?

As if Hermes could read my mind, he answered, "Hades will open up the ground and bring her up any moment now."

I nodded, waiting for the moment to come and boy did it come. It was like an earthquake but much larger and destructive. I hit a tree at least 3 times but Hermes was just standing there, poker face like nothing is happening. The earthquake was so big I was sure it reached Camp and all the campers were panicking and blaming it on Percy (since he is the son of Poseidon- God is sea and horses and earthquakes). I chuckled at the though. Wow, chuckling during an earthquake, that's Leo for ya. The rumbling suddenly stopped. After I regained my balance I found a body laying on the ground in front of me. Calypso's hair wasn't bloody nor was her head or dress. She looked like she was sleeping.

"She's unconscious, she will wake up in a few hours or so." Hermes reported.

"Thank you. I'll take her back to my cabin." Hermes nodded and told me to turn away. I did as I was told since I knew he was showing his true form. Once Hermes was gone, I picked Calypso up, bridal style.

I quietly as I could I snuck into my bunker. What I didn't expect was the other chosen six half-bloods to be sitting on chairs as if they were your parents and you came home past curfew.

I didn't look at them as I laid Calypso down on my bed and put covers over her.

Percy started to walk toward me, "Who is-." His sentence was cut off by his own gasp. Annabeth noted this and walked toward the bed too, her face turning pale.

"Leo, please tell me you didn't make a deal with Hades."

"Annabeth, what do you mean?" Hazel too, walked toward the bed gasping with shock. The rest came to check out what was going on.

"What did you do, Leo?" Piper's voice cracked and her lower lip trembled.

"Nothing, I swear. It was all the gods' idea. And I'm glad for that." I mumbled the last sentence.

"What do you mean ' the gods' idea' ?" Jason asked.

I told them all about Aphrodite coming for the crystal, Zeus' change of heart, Hermes coming to visit. I even told them how Calypso died. They all seemed chocked about my story, especially the part about Zeus' gift.

"Guys, can you leave? I'm tired and I just want to sleep." They all nodded and left the bunker. I turned off the lights and laid down next to Calypso. I kissed her forehead and hugged her close before the darkness engulfed me.