One Must Take Their Last Breath

Warning: Bad language because I can!

LEO

There it was. A few miles away stood Mount Othrys. My face darkened just by looking at it. I called everyone on deck and told them we were close.

We landed faster than I expected. I told Festus to stay where he was and wait for my orders. He complained but shut up when I shot him a look that said: If-you-don't-shut-up-I'll-disable-you-and-make-sure-you-would-never-fly-again.

I led everyone to the castle on top of the mountain ( if you don't understand look up: 'mount othrys percy jackson' or something along that line). I felt weird since I've never led anyone to a battle field. I brushed off the uneasiness and focused on leading.

Before we got close enough to the castle monsters were coming out. Monsters like minotaurs(3), harpies (about 17) , empousa (only 7), cyclops (2), and centaurs (2). There weren't many of them but there were still a lot.

" Percy and Jason take the minotaurs. Frank and Hazel take the cyclops and Annabeth and Piper take the centaurs. I'll take some empousa and harpies and Khione. If you defeat your opponent help the others." I comanded.

With all the anger I had flowing in me, I became more skilled in fighting. If that even makes sense. I was so mad I wanted to kill them all. I was stopped by Piper telling me to go find Calypso, that she will take care of the empousa and the harpies while Annabeth helps Frank and Hazel. I was reluctant at first but then I heard something past all the fighting. Something that made my heart clench: Calypso's scream.

I rushed inside. It wasn't as big as it looked from the outside but it wasn't the size of a shitty apartment either. There was a big space with no furniture, just light. There were 4 doors at the back of the space. I didn't know which to pick until I heard it again. That scream, the scream that makes me want to cry but kill everything in my path at the same time.

I rushed to the door where I heard the horrific noise. I opened the door and found myself in a dark room. The lights immeadiatly turned on after I stepped into the room. Someone from the left corner groned and put their hand over their eyes as if they hadn't seen the light in days. Once I saw who it was my heart skipped a beat. She didn't even look like herself anymore. Her dress was teared up and dirty, her hair had dirt and some gloden liquid on it, there were tears stains on her cheeks as well as dried up golden liquid similar to the amount on her hair. In other words, she looked horrible. She still couln't see me because her eyes were now shut and I was so surprised, I didn't say a word.

She tried to stand up but fell, scraping her knee in the process. Gold liquid spilled from her wound. She winced and I could feel the color drain from my face when I realized what the golden liquid was. It was blood. Gods' and goddess' blood aren't red but gold. I snapped out of my trance and rushed over to her, not saying a word as if talking will make her bleed.

" Leo? Is that you?" She asked.

" Yeah, it's me. Can you open your eyes?"She nodded and ever so slowly opened her eyes. When she saw me her face brightened and tackled me in a hug but then winced at the pain, I assumed ran through her body.

I helped her into a sitting position but when she saw over my sholder her face darkened. I looked behind me and mirrored Calypso's face. Right in front of me stood the bitchiest bitch I've ever met. And not bitch as in a good way. Khione was standing there leaning against the wall with her arms crossed, smirking. What a bitch.

" Hn, you actually came." She said, not surprised.

" Of course I came."

" Too bad you both have to die." She said before she threw icicles at me and Calypso. I ducked, dragging Calypso down with me. I looked behing her and saw the icicles hit the wall and shatter.

" Go the the corner to the right, I'll fight her." She nodded and told me to be careful. She kissed me and crawled to the corner as fast as she could.

After I saw that she was out of reach I threw fire balls at Khione but she deflected them with a ice shield. She threw icicles, I tried my best to dodge them.

" You're good at fighting too. Gods Leo you are so stupid. If you would of joined my side I could've dated you and made you so much happier than that piece of trash." She snickered at her own insult. The more she talked the more mad I got. My fireballs started to get bigger and faster. She made more ice shields but she needed to make them more powerful which tired her. My bandage on my forearm started to burn making the pain return. I tried my best to ignore it but it weakened me.

Khione threw two icicles at the same time. I only dodged one while the other scratched my left cheek. Blood traveled down my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

" Your fire balls are weakening you, my dear. Now, let me make your death quick, don't be a bad boy." Khione smiled.

" The only death that is going to be quick is yours!" I yelled as I threw more big fire balls. She managed to create a shield but it melted at the inpact of the last fire ball. I threw more, she made a shield. She lounged icicles, I dodged them. It went on for a while. I got some cuts and scratches and she got some one degree burns.

" Leo!" Suddenly there was Piper, Jason, Frank, Hanzel, Percy and Annabeth standing in the doorway with their weapons ready.

" No! Khione's mine! You guys go!" I said as I dodged another of Khine's icicles.

" What? No we-

"Listen! Go outside and tell Festus to do Operation 22536, he'll understand. Goby sea so Percy do your magic. Annabeth, control the ship, there will be a GPS. Remember, don't leave the auto-pilot on for too long, it will take you longer to get there." I commanded, cutting off Hazel.

" Leo are-." Percy started but I interrupted him.

" Yes, I am sure. Oh, and take Calypso with you."

" What? No! Leo, I am staying with you and you can't change that." Calypso said, her eyes shining with determination but I couldn't put her in danger.

" Calypso plea-."

" No! Leo, I am staying and that is final." Now, I knew I couldn't change her mind.

" F-fine! Just b-be careful." I stuttered, having no idea why but I had a bad feeling about her staying.

I looked at Jason, sending him a pleading look while trying to dodge some of Khione's icicles. I bet she was thinking she could hit me while I'm talking. Psh, what a bitch.

Jason nodded and convinced the others to go with my plan. I silently thanked him as they walked out the doors. I sighed and continued the fight with Khione.

CALYPSO

I was watching Leo and Khione fight for a while. Everytime Leo was close to being stabbed I tried to stand up. I failed and failed. There was so much pain it was almost unbearable. I tried and tried until I stood up compleatly, clutching the wall for support. I walked a few steps, getting closer and closer to Leo. I knew it was dangerous but I wanted to be close to him incase he needed me.

I was only five steps away from Leo when excruciating pain flowed rapidly through me. I didn't know where all the pain was coming from but I knew it was bad. There was so much pain that I couldn't hold it in, I had to scream. I saw Leo turning around to see what was wrong but he made a mistake. He lowered his guard and Khione was taking her chance. My head was going crazy, thoughts running everywhere but the only thing I knew for sure was that the only reason Leo lowered his guard was because I screamed. I saw Khione prepairing an icicle but this icicle was much bigger and with a sharper point.

I don't know how I did it but I am glad I did. Strength started to build up in my body. She was about to throw the icicle when I ran over to Leo and acted as a shield. I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I fell to the floor. I looked at Leo's surprised face, I gave him a weak smile before mouthing the words I knew were always going to be true. I saw a tear fall down Leo's left cheek before the whole world turned dark.