He Shouldn't Have Done It

I woke up on the couch in our living room. Someone must have taken me home. I look around and feel like something is off. Something wasn't right. I got up and my heels clicked onto the hardwood floor. The house was filled with a deafening silence. I walked to the kitchen and decide to look around. I look through the house, seeing if anyone is home. No one. I walked to the bathroom and looked at my appearance. My hair was all over the place and my makeup was smudged. I groaned and started to get ready for a shower.

After I got all cleaned up, I went up to my room and picked out an outfit. I put on some black jeans, a green t-shirt, a jean jacket and some checkered slip on's. (Below)

I put a bit of makeup on to cover up the dark circles under my eyes and some mascara to make my eyes look bigger

I put a bit of makeup on to cover up the dark circles under my eyes and some mascara to make my eyes look bigger. After that I sprayed some perfume on me and headed out.

I got into my car and turned the radio up. Yesterday was a handful. But I don't wanna think about it, if I do I might cry all over again and won't be able to stop. I drive to the Mikaelson mansion and park right outside of the door. I stay seated for a while, debating on whether I wanted to tell them and break the trust with Kat or don't tell them and let the friendship grow. What I can't shake, what bothers me out of proportion is, I get this feeling and it's telling me to tell him.

After a while, I push myself off the seat and open the black interior door. I slowly move my feet to the opening of the house and stand there. I hold my breath and say that after I can't hold my breath any longer I'll knock. I do this three times. Then I finally just put my arm out and my hand was an inch away from hitting the door. I quickly knock and my eyes widen. Why did you do that!!!! Run. Run. Run. I go to turn around and the door opens. I stand there, my eyes closed, and defeat is written onto my face with my back towards the person.

"Well, this is a nice surprise." I hear the British man say. I turn around and smile.

"Not for you it isn't." I say smirking, but internally I'm grinding my teeth together because I'm scared of him and I'm scared of the feeling of fear I get when thinking of him dying. His face becomes puzzled and he opens the door farther for me to come in. Look what you did. You should have ran. Shut up.

I walk in and he leads me to the living room. I sit on the couch that I sat on the night I killed Damon and Klaus sits beside me.

"So, what's the matter of this?" He asks and raises his brows, smiling. I look at him with a brow up in question as if to ask him if he really wanted to know. His brows go down and he nods. I let out a sigh and look down. I pull my head up, but my eyes don't open. I guess I don't wanna see his face when I tell him that Katherine has a plan to kill him.

"Katherine Pierce is going to try and get a free pass from you and if you don't agree she will kill you." I blurt out, unable to keep it in any longer. There was just silence in the room and I opened my eyes. His eyes were wide and his mouth was agape.

"How do you know this?" He asks and I look down again. Almost as if it was guilt and he was going to punish me in a way.

"I'm friends with her." I say and I look up. He looks hurt in a way. But also surprised. "I just became friends with her like yesterday I swear." And he nods.

"Why did you tell me?" He says and his eyes get vulnerable. I stared into his eyes. We stayed like that for a while. It was like we were talking with our eyes, we were telling each other how we were feeling. I looked down.

"I felt this overwhelming feeling of fear when she said she was gonna kill you. I couldn't breathe, my chest felt like it was collapsing." I say, reliving the moment of yesterday. I looked back up to him and he had tears in the corner of his eyes. He was being too stubborn to let them fall, but we both knew how he felt.

"There's something I need to tell you." He says and takes my hand in his. "There's ..." He goes to say but a bunch of crashing and shattering comes from the back of the house.

"Come on! We gotta get out of here!" Elijah yells running out of the hallway that leads to where the noises came from. His eyes are wide and terror fills them. Klaus grabs my hand and we start going at the fast pace of a vampire. I don't know where we're going, all I know is that I feel safe with Klaus, even Elijah. I feel like I've known them longer than just two days.

Once we stop, we're at a hotel somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Klaus doesn't let go of my hand even though we've stopped. Elijah gets him and Klaus a room and he gets me a room to myself. I can't help but think what that was back at the mansion.

Once Elijah has gotten all the information on the rooms and the keys, Klaus walked me to the door of my room. He was being so protective, it felt odd. He opened the door and I walked in. He gave me the key and nodded.

"Elijah and I are just down the hall, if you need anything text us or come to us." He says before walking off. I nod, but he didn't see me. I closed the door and walked to the bed. It was a queen size bed and had an old looking, but ancient quilt laying over top of it. They managed to find a decent hotel, which meant, in Klaus's terms, at least a four star rating.

I layed there for a while, thinking. Thinking about anything and everything. Nothing and no one. It was very peaceful, but also very frustrating. I kept trying to figure out what happened. Who did it. Why they did it. But it all came back to Stefan or Elena. Elena wouldn't do anything, she can't take down a vampire and an original at that. So Stefan had to help her. She would want to get revenge because ever since I met these guys, I haven't been the sister she wants me to be or who I was. She wants me back. But guess what sis, the old me is dead. She was dead when our parents died. So stop trying to get her back.

After thinking way too much, I decided to text Elijah about it. I think he would tell me, at least I hope he would.

To: Elijah

Who did it?

I waited a couple of minutes in anticipation. My heart was racing. I wanted to know and if he didn't tell me I would find out from my sister.

From: Elijah

I'm sorry, I don't believe I know what you're talking about.

This boiled my blood. He had the nerve to tell me he doesn't remember what happened not even an hour ago? I type back fast.

To: Elijah

Bullshit, tell me now.

He doesn't respond and I sit there in rage. How in the world am I supposed to trust him when he pulls things like this. He probably thinks this is funny. He can probably hear me right now and is laughing is little ass off. Well guess what buddy, you gotta another thing comin for ya.

———————————————————————————

Hey guys! I updated again and it wasn't a whole week !!!! So I finally got a cover photo for the book. I might change it, it looks kinda trashy, idk. I guess we'll see what happens. You guys prob all thought this was gonna be about Ben. Ha! Lmao I'm sorry. This was another short chapter and I'm sorryyyyyy. Thank you for reading!!!!

~ Mackenzie ♡