The Most Unlikely of Friendship

I ran out of the room. I didn't know why, but I did. He didn't follow me, but I'm not surprised, he doesn't seem like the type to chase after someone. I run down the stairs and pray that I don't trip and fall on my face.
Once I get to the ground, I run to the door. I grab the cold, metal knob and go to turn it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I heard the voice of the only person who could break my walls down since my parents died. My breathe gets caught in my throat and I go stiff. I let go of the knob, hearing the soft turning of it going back into place. I turn around and look up slowly.

"Why?" I ask, feeling this anger boil in me, but at the same time, worry. He smirks, almost as if he's happy that I chose to pick a fight.

"Because, there are some things you don't know, things about you, you don't know..." He says and looks down to the ground. "It's going to be painful and I'm sorry that this is happening to you, but I can't help you take the pain away. But I can help you through the process." I stand there in complete confusion. For some reason my body is shaking and I can't control it. Klaus walks towards me and I step back, my eyes widen.

"Get away from me." I say and look at my shaking hands. He looks at me hurt, but quickly shrugs it off and walks towards me again. I look up, glaring this time. "Get. Away. From. Me." I say and my voice gets deeper in seriousness. His eyes go wide and he stops.

"I'm trying to help you." He says, trying to get me to look at him by looking down in my line of vision. "Let me help you." I look up and my eyes go soft. Tears almost fall and he walks to me again. My whole mood changes and I push him off me, pushing him to the ground. I run out the door and keep running for what feels like forever. The sun is almost up, and for some reason I find myself running to my house. I slow down to a jog on the side walk and then walk once I get in front of the house. I stand there for a while. Unable to decide whether I want to go inside. It's like this thing inside me is pulling me to walk passed, but then again I want to go inside. It's the like the devil on my shoulder is fighting with the angel on my shoulders, and the devil is winning.

I walk passed the house and walk down the sidewalk. I couldn't stop thinking about how I could possibly get Ben back. I mean, it's the supernatural. Anything can happen, right? Well, I'll try.

I walk to the Bennett's house and hoped to god that Bonnie's grandmother could help me. I walked up the path to the door and knocked. I looked around, the sun has came up and the whole town looks golden. I could feel someone watching me, it was an odd feeling. I didn't know where they were, which made me get chills down my spine. I knock again and this time someone came to the door. The door opened and Bonnie appears in front of me. She's in her pajamas and looks like she just woke up.

"Hey, Cassia? What are you doing here?" Her eyes get big and she looks around outside.

"I need your help." I say and her eyes widen even more.

"No, I can't. Sorry. Bye." She slams the door in my face and I stand there in confusion. What the hell just happened. I was always nice to her, never rude or mean. I think as I walk away from her house.

"Ok, who else could help me?"I say out loud so I could think better. I suddenly heard the noise of a vampire running passed me. I stop and look around. "Who's there?" I ask and keep my eyes on a swivel. They run passed me a few more times, trying to get me to be scared. I just stand there, waiting for the 'huge reveal' to happen. After a few seconds, a girl with dark brown, curly hair stands in front of me.

"I'm Katherine Pierce. Nice to finally meet you." She says and I look behind me to make sure she's talking to me.

"How in the hell do you know who I am?" I ask her and almost laugh because of her confused expression. The fact that she looks exactly like my sister didn't really phase me. I kind of looked passed it.

"Your sister talks about you all the time." She says looking at her nails. "It's actually quite annoying." I laugh and she looks to me.

"To be honest, she's annoying all the time." I say and think about how much I have really resented my sister over the years.

"That's surprising, coming from her sister." Katherine says as she looks at me, she looks me up and down. It was kinda uncomfortable to say the least.

"Well, She was always the one everyone loved the most, everyone compared me to her my whole life. It was Elena, Elena, Elena. I hated it." I say thinking about the past. I look up to Katherine. She was smirking and her face filled with mischief.

"What do you say about us being best friends?" She stands there, her arms crossed, waiting for my answer.

"Depends." I say and she raises her brow. "What will this friendship be about?" She smirks, and it must be contagious because a smirk slips onto my face.

"Let's just say, we can get some revenge on a certain someone." She pauses for effect and stares at me. "And maybe get some people back from the dead." That is what makes me snap my focus to her. This is what I needed. Someone to help Ben come back.

"Say I do this, what will be in it for you?" I say, expecting her to say some out of proportion idea.

"Nothing." She says, her lip going up in a small frown. She shrugs and I narrow my eyes. "Fine, I want someone back too. Hurting your sister is just a plus." I laugh at her easy confession.

"Okay, so what are we going to do to my sister?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Something will come up. I always find a way." She says as we walk down the side walk, turning the corner.

"Come on Stefan! Please!" I hear my sister begging the hundred year old vampire. I look to Katherine and her eyes are wide and she puts a finger to her lips to stay quiet.

"Leave me alone, Elena!" We hear Stefan sped away and Elena is standing there, tears falling. She gets onto her phone and calls someone.

"Hey" She says, sniffling a little.

"What are they saying?" I ask Katherine. She shakes her head to tell me no talking.

"Yeah, it's in the sheriffs office."

"Yeah last I knew I about it."

Katherine looks to me. She smirks and waits until Elena leaves.

"That was Caroline. They're hiding a white oak stake in the sheriff's office."
———————————————————————————

Hey!!!! I'm soooooooooooooooooooo sorry for not updating for so long. I recently got a bunch of school projects to do and am very stressed. I'll try to update sooner than I did this time. Thank you all for reading my book and please comment any grammatical errors so I can fix them. Thank you again!!!

~ Mackenzie ♡