Chapter XXVIII

Chapter Twenty-Eight

"EXACTLY," SAID THE Professor.

        "But...won't they know it's you?" I asked, after a pause.

        "There is a slight chance, but not likely. Anyone can put the pieces together if they want." He swiped a couple of times and the words came up again. "It's not likely that people will match them correctly, but they can try."

        I stared at the words, thinking about what could happen. I started to tremble at the thought of losing the ones I love most.

        I cleared my throat and said, "Where is he?"

        The Professor turned to me. "Where is who?"

        "Oscar."

        "I've been searching for him. Last I saw, about a week ago, he was in Canada. I don't believe he's left there."

        I stood up straight. "We have to find him before we do anything else, Professor. If you have think that the Sentinels may have already been released, we have to get him before they do."

        "We have to plan this out first, Andromeda."

(X)

Logan was sitting with Scott and Storm beside Jean's bed. I walked inside the room in a rush, so Logan stood up abruptly. "You're okay?"

        I didn't answer that question. "We have to go. Now."

        "Where?" Scott asked. "Jean's still unconscious. We don't even have a car, Andi."

        I snapped my fingers, and Jean's eyes opened. "She's fine. Someone needed to wake her."

        Jean looked around. "Where am I?" she asked Scott softly.

      "Sorry to disappoint," I said, "but we don't have time to explain. We have to leave. Now."

        I changed into some black attire and went outside with Logan. He refused to let me out alone.

        "What the hell is going on?" Logan demanded.

        I stopped in my tracks. "Se-Sentinels, Logan."

        "What?" He froze in his place. "You're joking."

        "I am not," I said seriously. "Oscar tried communicating with me. He-he showed me his vision. He dies because a Sentinel killed him. Dr. X said he's been keeping track of news. He's matched up things that say they're creating them." I pull out a phone that the Professor had given me. I showed the picture of the factory. "They even have a factory, Logan. We have to get Oscar, then shut down the place."

        "Is Oscar in the factory?"

        I shook my head. "No. He-he's in Canada."

        "Shit, Andi, do you know how far away freakin' Canada is?!" He pointed in another direction. I guessed he was trying to point north, but he was pointing south.

        I grabbed his arm to change his direction. "Yes, Logan, I do. Now don't yell at me. Please."

        He stood in front of me and took my hands. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm just...I don't want to end up getting sent away. You're public enemy No. 1. I don't want you to be taken away."

        I remembered what the Professor had said about Logan getting old. I threw my arms around him. "I love you," I whispered in his ear. Then I kissed his cheek.