Chapter VI

Six

I JUMPED OUT of my bed and headed to the door. Claire was there, but her mouth was covered by Mystique's hand. Mystique had a gun pointed at Claire's temple.

     "You listen to me, or your precious friend dies," Mystique said.

     I gasped.

(X)

Mystique had a helicopter not too far from the school. She had Claire and I both binded, and she told us to get in the helicopter.

     "Logan," I tried to reach him, but he wasn't responding.

     Claire looked absolutely horrified. "This is all your fault, Andi."

    "My fault!? How should I have known that Magneto wanted me?"

     "You can read minds."

    I clenched my fists. "Yes, I can. But I only do if I know the person or want to. I can hear seven billion voices inside my head, but I choose not to listen."

     "Logan!" I shouted in his head. I felt nothing.

     "Well, you should."

     I looked out the window. New York looked so small up here. I wished I was back on land.

     "Can't you control Blue Bitch?" Claire asked quietly.

     I looked to see what Mystique was doing. "Possibly," I murmured. "I don't know, though. My powers have been acting odd recently." I closed my eyes. "But I can try...."

    I could see what Mystique was doing from her point of view. I was her now. I could still hear her, though. She was angry. I was in her head, and she did not like it.

     I tried to steer the helicopter, but she strong. And then I heard it.

    "Andi?" It was Logan.

     I opened my eyes, and I was back in my body. "Claire and I - we've been kidnapped! Please, help us. Mystique was the kidnapper and -"

     "Hold on," he said quickly. "Relax, kid. If she's taking you away, that means she's heading to wherever Magneto is. I'll get the Professor. He'll find you. Then we'll send a team to get you."

     "Okay." Then a sudden thought popped into my head. "Mystique said that you're lover is in danger. Who do you love, Logan?"

     He didn't answer straight away, but I hadn't lost the connection with him. "I think you know this already. I'll see you soon. Be careful, kid."

     I lost the link.

     Claire looked at me, wide-eyed. "Did you get her?"

     "I almost did, but she's strong. And Logan finally reached me. He said that -" I began to whisper now "- the Professor is gonna look for us. Then the X-Men will get us."

     She nodded. Then she turned her out to look out the window. "We're over water."

     I looked down, as well. She was right. "Can you work your stuff?"

     "Not with my hands bounded. I'm sorry, but unlike you, I can't just use my mind to make water come up."

     I rolled my eyes. "Hold on." I looked at the chains around her wrists and imagined them breaking. I concentrated very hard. The chain's weren't ordinary, that's for sure. I was still weak, too. I haven't had proper sleep in awhile. I was only glad that it was dark outside so Mystique couldn't see us as well.