Chapter XX

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I started summer gym last week, and I have it till the end of this month. I'll try to update at least once a week though!

Twenty

X ~ Psych's Point of View ~ X

THE PHOENIX WOKE me up at some odd hour, and I realized that I actually did fall asleep. I was still me, and Andi was still stashed away. This was good.

    "You need to change, Psych," the Phoenix told me. "Magneto has a plan that needs to be discussed right now."

    I rubbed my eyes. "Like right now?"

   "Yes."

   I changed into the outfit Mystique handed me hours before because I didn't want to spend a long time deciding an outfit. I left my hair down, too. I figured that I could go back to my room after Magneto gives his speech.

     I sat down on the floor in Magneto's office (I guess that's what you could call it; lair seems a little off); there weren't any seats left, and the cold ground could wake me up more.

    Magneto came in a few minutes later, helmet still on. "Mystique and I were talking, and we've come up with a plan."

    I looked over at Mystique. She was bashfully smiling, trying to hide it. "He actually gave me credit," I heard her think.

   "In a month, there will be an air show in Dayton, Ohio." He pulled up a holographic map of the US and pointed at the city. "This would be a perfect target to attack the normals."

    My eyes widened.

    "Usually, they have the show in the summer time, but they changed the dates because of the war. They think that the war won't affect them then," he laughed. "Stupid normals."

    Mystique stood up. "Since I fly pretty well, I'm going to take place of one of the pilots that fly a plane with sky divers."

    Toad gasped. "Please don't tell us that we're -"

   "You're the sky divers," Mystique said.

   Toad tensed. "I don't like jumping out of planes."

    Magneto rolled his eyes. "Relax, Toad. We have a month to train. Anyway, as I was saying, Psych and the Phoenix are going to touch down last; Psych being the very last. We'll gradually give the normals hell." He swiped his hand across the hologram. It moved and then you could see the ground. There was a runway, and I knew this was where the air show would be.

     "Toad, you'll land first. I want you to spring over to the announcers and do your...Toad stuff." Magneto wiggled his nose in digust. "After that's finished, the Phoenix will land. Get inside their heads. Tell them to ignore the mutants. Anything to drive them insane."

    The Phoenix smirked.

    "As for you," Magneto turned to me, "well, you'll be the biggest part of the show. You're the reason why all those people came."

    I felt myself blush, but I ignored it. I liked where he was going.

    "The Phoenix told me that you managed to explode in woods?"

    "I don't know what I did," I answered honestly, "but I can do it again. It could kill the normals, though, sir. I didn't think that was our main goal."

     He smirked and squatted down in front of me. "It isn't, but some sacrifices will be made." He placed his finger under my chin, pulling my head up. "My dear child, you will prove to the normals that there is no stopping us. Even with a war."