Chapter XIII

Thirteen

MY ALARM STARTED beeping at 4:30 in the morning a few days after coming back to the mansion. I was freaking out because who wakes up at 4:30 in the morning? That's insane! Are you asking me to die at twenty-two? I need my sleep!

     "Wakey wakey eggs 'n bakey!" My brother jumped off the bed and started taking off his pajamas.

    "What?" I rubbed my eyes. I threw a pillow at him. "What the heck, Oscar!? A woman needs her beauty sleep!"

    He put on his clothes and said, "It wasn't my choice. Professor X told all the students to see their alarms to 4:30."

     "Aren't you tired?"

    He raised his brow. "No?"

    I groaned and rose from my bed. "Whatever the heck we're doing better good."

(X)

Everyone was sitting outside on the wet dew. I decided to stand because I don't want my butt to get wet and people think I peed or something. I also stood because I didn't want to fall back asleep. Well, I wanted to fall back asleep, but it was probably a bad idea to.

     The Professor was with Magneto in the front. I saw the group of X-Men standing not too far away from them, so I walked over to join them.

     "What's going on?" I yawned. "It's too early for this."

    Scott said, "They finally came to an agreement last night, and their announcement couldn't wait."

    "Attention students!" the Professor shouted.

    The students that were groaning about the fact that it's too early had stopped.

     I leaned on one of my feet, placing a hand on my hip. A yawn escaped my mouth right before the Professor started speaking.

     "Erik and I both want to the protect the mutants. That's our number one priority. The government want us gone, but we need to influence them into thinking that it's okay to be a mutant."

     I looked at Magneto. I could see in his eyes that he was hiding something; I didn't have to read his mind to figure that one out. He wore his helmet, also. I want to know what's going on through that head of his, but getting that helmet off is probably a bad idea.

     "We need to act like heroes, children," the Professor continued. "For one week next week, all of you will flourish to various locations to help the normals. We have set up hotels for all of you - don't worry, you'll be with each other. During the week, you have to do some kind of good deed. It can range from getting an old lady's cat out of a tree to saving a child in a burning building."

     This caused some whispers to emerge in the crowd.

     Magneto took a step forward. "But, if the normals decide to have a battle, we have a weapon. You all know her now."

     Andre shoved me closer to Magneto and the Professor. I didn't like the idea of this at all. I thought the Professor would've backed me up and convince Magneto to not use me.

    Magneto saw me, and soon the Professor did, too. The Professor reached out his hand for mine, and I took it reluctantly.

     "Psych," Magneto said. "Our most prized weapon."

     Images flashed into my head. They were of Jean.

     "Psych is the most powerful mutant known to mankind. She ranks a class 5, which is higher than Charles and I. She still has a lot to learn, but she is a quick learner."