Chapter XXV

Twenty-Five

OSCAR WAS GONE. He had really ran away. I had used my powers to fly to his dorm to see him, and everything was gone. He looked to be in a rush. I didn't understand why. It broke me.

     I sat on his bed and leaned down, laying on my side, smelling his pillow. The only family I have left was gone. I didn't know I could use Cerebro; the Professor had never taught me how to do it. I tried searching for him on my own, but my head couldn't handle searching. Seven billion people inside your head when you're looking for someone specifically hurts. Don't do it.

      Scott was in the door frame after I had been in Oscar's room for a few minutes. "Andi?" He voice broke the silence.

     I sat up a little. "What?"

     He walked up to me and sat down next to me. He pulled something out of his back pocket. "He left this on his bed. I don't know if it will give us any clues as to where he went, but you might know." He handed me a folded paper.

     I unopened it and began reading.

I have to leave the school, and I'm sorry. I just don't think it's safe anymore. I foresaw something terrible, and I have to go so it won't happen. Tell Andi (if you aren't her and reading this) to STAY away from me, and to not come looking for me. If she does, my prediction will come true, and more lives will be lost. Tell her to not blame herself, and I love her.

-Oscar

     My hands began to tremble, and my eyes began to burn because I was going to cry. I couldn't see him. And I wasn't sure how long that was going to take.

     "There's more," Scott said. "He-he used invisible ink. Milo could smell it." He handed me a black light.

P.S. You need to send the students to my old house. There is a place underneath my parents' bed that will be safer. As for you, the X-Men, you have to be on the run. Just because Magneto is in prison doesn't mean other bad things will happen. Run fast and run soon.

     My eyes widened, and I felt my back stiffen. "How will we send them there? Don't you think it'd be suspicious?"

    "Don't you think the whole thing is suspicious?" Scott asked. "He didn't tell us what's happening. Just ditch the school. That's not something we do."

     I bit my bottom lip, reading the letter again. "My gut says we have to transport the children. Bobby, Rogue and Beast should stay with them. As for the rest of us, we should run. But I don't know where. Somewhere that seems unlikely."

     Scott looked into my eyes. He hesitated, then said, "You're the boss. I shouldn't argue."

     I nodded, giving a small smile. "Tonight. During the day causes more suspicions. Get Beast to order train tickets to my hometown. Make sure they're three different times. They'll leave in three different groups. Bobby go first with a third. Then Rogue with another third. Then Beast with the last third. After they're gone, we lock up the school - make the school alive, actually. Then we'll take one of the field trip vans and leave." I looked over at the clock on the nightstand. "Five hours. That's all we have."

     Scott nodded and got up. He ran out of the door. I lifted myself up and headed back to my office. I looked through the drawers. I found the file on evacuating the school. I saw it the other day, but thought nothing of it. I didn't think we'd have to leave.

     All the protocals were common sense and basically up to the Professor, or me now.

     Logan stormed into the room, shutting the door behind him, rather hard.