Chapter 18

Chapter 18

            I woke up Friday morning with my nerves in overdrive. I only had one more day and I was going to meet Cameron/Prince Charming. I was excited, we had been talking the last couple of days via email as always and he had put himself back into the race. I haven’t really talked to Adrian since the other night when Ryan walked out. I think he thinks that I’m upset with him for allowing Ryan to see us like that. But the thing is it wasn’t Adrian’s fault, it was my fault for putting myself in the situation and not telling Ryan point blank that I didn’t see him that way.

            I walked into Trig and Adrian was seated in his normal spot right in front of me. I walked to my seat with my head down and passed Adrian without a word.

            I just wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone. For one I was extremely nervous about meeting Cameron for the first time tomorrow. Then there was the fact that Ryan was still mad at me. His anger towards me had only gotten worse since our fight the other night.

            If I ever thought that getting someone to accept my apology would be easy, boy was I wrong. Ryan was not having it, he was avoiding me at all costs. I had even tried passing a couple of notes to him during College Prep but he was immediately rip them up and give me a snarky smirk.

            I was still crying before bed every night. Even though I was extremely mad at Ryan for acting the way he was it doesn’t mean that I didn’t still hurt.

            Each day the pain of losing my best friend grew worse and worse; because each day I came more aware to the realization that Ryan may not forgive me this time.

            I finally woke up when I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I looked up to those green eyes that I had come to love in the last month and a half.

            “Elle, what’s wrong?” Adrian asked with admiration in his voice.

            “Nothing’s wrong…..” I sighed. “Well nothing that you don’t already know about.” I said in a small whisper.

            I heard Adrian sigh and then his arms were around me. I knew we could get in trouble for PDA but I needed a hug right now and didn’t care if I got a detention for it.

            “Adrian, why does he hate me so much?” I questioned. I knew that my nerves and the fact that Ryan still hadn’t forgiven me had caused so much stress that I was literally about to blow-up. I was like a ticking time-bomb ready to explode.

            “He doesn’t hate you Elle. Believe me when I say it’s impossible to hate you. It’s just he is at a confusing time in his life and so are you. You guys are going after two different things and it’s causing nothing but arguments between the two of you. But I promise it will get better he just needs some time and so do you.” Adrian said while giving me one last reassuring squeeze before letting go.

            Adrian turned around when Mr. Mcfly walked into the room. I bent down and grabbed my notebook and pencil when my phone vibrated. It was from Cam

Cam- How is your day going?

Me- Umm terrible so far, I kind of had a break down when Ryan wouldn’t talk to me.

Cam- Oh I c, I’m really sorry to here that. I feel bad that Adrian and I have put a damper on your and Ryan’s relationship.

Me- It’s not your fault that Ryan can’t see that I only like him as a friend.

Cam- I know but that doesn’t stop me from feeling bad.

Me- well I’m telling you now, don’t feel bad it’s not your fault. So how has your day been?