Chapter 16

Chapter 16

            Needless to say Brianne didn’t ruin my day. After gym my day just got better and better. Adrian and I were headed out of the school to go out to eat for lunch. We were walking out of the building and I spotted Ryan and was going to ask him to come along but once he saw me walking his way he turned around and all but ran away from me.

            It hurt thinking I might lose my best friend, but what was I supposed to do. I’d tried everything shy of telling him that he needed to get over his problem or I was leaving.

            “Adrian, why do I have to choose? I don’t want to loose you or Cameron or Ryan. I like you all.” I replied in a whiny tone.

            “It’s okay Elle, you’ll figure everything out it’s just going to take some time; and I promise that Ryan will come around. He’s just hurt right now and needs some time to his self.” Adrian said while wrapping his arms around me and giving me a hug.

            This is what I enjoyed having someone to talk to at all times. Someone to hold me when I was upset. I loved Adrian, and I secretly hoped that once I met Cameron that he would just be out of my mind so I could live my life with Adrian. I know that I shouldn’t think that way but Adrian had been here for me this whole time. Every time I’m upset or feel unwanted Adrian had been there to pick up the pieces and I knew he always would be.

            Cam on the other hand had just been in the emails or the texts. Never wanting to actually meet me. I mean we could have met a month ago but he was to shy or scared. I’m not completely positive what his problem was.

            Lunch with Adrian was pretty uneventful. I just wasn’t in the mood to talk so we sat there in silence. The rest of the school day had been pretty much the same thing and now Adrian and I were going over to his house to watch a movie.

            Down in Adrian’s movie theatre I grabbed a blanket and curled myself up on the double recliner and just let Adrian pick the movie. I don’t know what had brought me into this downer mood but I just was not happy. I felt like a ball of sadness and at any moment I was going to break down into tears.

            All of this stress of which guy I had to choose was starting to come down on me. It was brining me to my breaking point and I was close to going over the edge and shattering.

            Adrian put in the movie and walked over to the chair and lifted me up bridal style. He sat down in the chair and brought me to his lap. I looked up into his eyes to see sadness there. I couldn’t help but let the tears fall over the edge and down my face in streams.

            Adrian brought his hand up and pushed my bangs out of my face and gave me a small sad smile. “Elle, what’s the matter? Before we went to lunch you were so happy and practically bouncing off the walls and now you’re here crying in my arms. Was it me? Did I do something to hurt you because believe me when I say I never want to hurt you Elle Bishop.” Adrian said. His eyes were starting to fill up with water but I knew he was fighting with everything he had not to cry.

            “I’m just really stressed that’s all. It’s really hard knowing that I have to pick either you or Cam because if I had to choose now I would choose you. I just have to meet Cameron before I make my decision though because I feel as if I should give him a chance. I mean if it wasn’t for him I probably wouldn’t have even had the guts to talk to you.” I said still crying. I felt like a huge as douche bag right now. I couldn’t believe that I was even telling him this.