Chapter 3

Chapter 3**

Last night was torturous; I laid awake all night thinking about Prince Charming. I was so sure after the email he sent me last night that I would say yes.

Then after hours of lying awake; I was beginning to second guess myself. The questions that kept going through my mind were questions like. Why would a father of this day and age arrange for his son to be married?

There was something here that wasn’t adding up. I didn’t know what that was just yet but I knew there was something.

Parents don’t arrange for their kids to be married anymore do they? I just don’t get why there was a need for an arranged marriage.

Wouldn’t it be logical if you just told your son that he needed to start looking for a wife and thinking about settling down? Why did this so called Prince Charming need to get married in a year?

All of the thoughts and questions were overloading my brain. I had the worst headache I think I have ever had, and I still had to go to school today.

On the one hand, I wanted to try this out. What if he really was Prince Charming? I would have the possibility of living every little girls dream.

Then there was the chance of him not being Prince Charming. There was a higher possibility that he was a serial killer and I was his next victim.

That thought brings on a whole new round of questions. Should I call the Police? Should I at least notify my dad? Why did this have to be so freaking hard?

I heard the bell ring signaling the end of Trig. I hadn’t even noticed that I was actually in school. That’s how far off in space I was.

I got up and grabbed my book bag and started heading to College Prep. I made it all the way there before I realized that Ryan wasn’t walking next to me. Huh? That’s weird….

I looked to my left and my right as if Ryan would suddenly appear from out of nowhere. This was really odd…. Ryan always walked me to English.

I made my way into the classroom and sat down at my normal spot. Maybe I was just way early and he’ll be here in a little bit.

I sat there and waited for Ryan to come walking into the door but the bell rang and he never showed up. My guess is Ryan is on his death bed; because that kid never missed school.

The only time Ryan has ever missed was three years ago. Even then though he showed up and the teachers made him go home. He had been running to the bathroom every five minutes emptying the contents of his stomach.

I turned on my computer and opened up my email curious to see if Prince Charming had emailed me yet. My smile that I had been sporting all morning soon faded when I saw there wasn’t an email for me to read.

I decided to pass the time I would go ahead and send Prince Charming an email.