Chapter 38; By Your Side

Once they were done with their snowball fight, they went back home. Sans was first to plop onto the couch and turn the TV back on, Mettaton appeared yet again, but this time with a cooking show featuring the human, again.  Undyne jumped onto the couch, almost making Sans fly off, luckily, he was ready for that. "PAPS!!! Mettaton's on!!!!" She practically screamed, Papyrus speed dashed towards the couch and picked up Sans so he could place him on his laps while watching.

The show was over around 5 minutes or less later. Sans sighed "imma go take a nap, have fun ya two." Papyrus raised an eyebrow and Undyne stated "You're SO lazy, Sans!" – "hey, carrying around 8.3kgs everyday ain't easy, bud. anyway, peace."

He walked towards his room, shut the door and teleported to Hotland. He stood at his station, preparing a bunch of hotdogs since he can only guess what the human would want to do after not doing so in a long time.

Soon, the human arrived and perked up when they saw Sans, like an excited puppy "happy to see me, kiddo?" He asked with a slight smirk. Frisk nodded and walked towards Sans, they pointed at their heads and Sans got the message.

Once he was done stacking up 29 'dogs on the human's head, Frisk tried very hard to balance them all out and progress to the next room, they failed. Sans snorted in amusement, is it even possible to progress any further without them falling off your head?

Frisk spoke with the monsters around Sans's station then left soon after. He teleported back home to his room.

Soon later, Sans heard a knock at his door and after a few seconds, the door opened to reveal his younger brother "Sans?" Papyrus called out. Sans greeted him with a smile "yes, paps?" Papyrus shut the door behind him and walked towards Sans "I WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE OK." Sans tilted his head to the side "why?" He asked. "WELL, YOU DISAPPEARED SO SUDDENLY." Papyrus explained. "i had to greet the human in hotland. i have to leave again soon to have a little chat with 'em." Papyrus sat down next to Sans "ABOUT?" He asked. Sans responded as he was leaning against Papyrus's shoulder "nothin' much." He wrapped an arm around Sans "YOU DON'T NEED TO BE SO WORRIED." Sans sighed "i can't help it. the kid isn't telling me why they suddenly started sparing everyone after doing genocide 378 times. this all still feels surreal, the both of us dating, the kid sparing everyone, me being actually happy... it feels too good to be true, paps." Papyrus embraced his older brother "I'm Still Sorry For What You Had To Experience, It Must've Been Really Hard. But I Assure You That No Matter What, I'll Be By Your Side Always." Sans hugged Papyrus a little bit tighter "thanks, paps." 

When a few moments of comfortable silence had passed, Papyrus let go of Sans. "ALRIGHT, I'LL GO BACK TO UNDYNE! GOOD LUCK, BROTHER!" Sans smiled "thanks, bro. have fun." Papyrus smiled back and then left the room. 

Papyrus went back downstairs and sat next to Undyne on the couch "Checked up on Sans?" She asked. Papyrus nodded "HE'S TAKING A NAP!" Undyne snorted "He's so lazy." Papyrus sighed "TELL ME ABOUT IT. IT'S BEEN MONTHS AND HE STILL HADN'T PICKED UP HIS SOCK!!" He pointed at the sock which was lying next to the television. Undyne raised an eyebrow "Why don't you pick it up?" Papyrus responded with a huff "IT'S NOT MY SOCK." She started laughing, Papyrus smiled at the thought of his older brother's laziness.

Sans laid on his mattress as he stared up at the ceiling and let his mind wander. Maybe he should try trusting the kid, maybe they'll keep their word. But he still doubts it, he can't truly wrap his skull around this bad feeling he's getting, should he trust the kid or this feeling in his 'gut'? With a sigh, he teleported in front of the MTT Resort.

Frisk spotted Sans and walked towards him "hey." Sans greeted "i heard you're going to the core. how about grabbing some dinner with me first?" Frisk responded "Of course." Sans smiled "great, thanks for treating me." He moved a bit to the side "over here. i know a shortcut."

Sans teleported them to a dining table "well, here we are. so, your journey's almost over, huh? you must really wanna go home. hey, i know the feeling, buddo. though... maybe sometimes it's better to take what's given to you. down here you've already got food, drinks, friends... is what you have to do... really worth it?" He turned to the left, thinking a little "... ah," He turned to face Frisk "i'm rootin' for ya, kid." He averted his direction, debating. He faced them once again "i don't need to act anymore, do i?" Frisk shook their head "all right, i hope we can be good friends, kid." He walked away from their table and turned to face the human "take care of yourself, frisk. 'cause someone really cares about you." He walked away, then teleported back home.

" He walked away, then teleported back home

*(First Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/AUBKEQauT7YmagURpfWhWhLenDAFvzB0kJOWUq4uBvi_D29-VDbWMNw/)

*(Second Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/355151120615270520/)