Chapter 28; Scars

< I Literally Searched For Over An Hour For A Decent Picture To Put For This Chapter, Found None;; >

Sans laid back down on Papyrus's laps, Papyrus chuckled and resumed patting.

They stayed like that for around 10 minutes until Papyrus had finally decided to be productive, he will not tolerate turning into Sans.

Papyrus picked up Sans and placed him on the couch, He gave him a gentle peck on his head. Sans smiled to himself as he watched Papyrus bring some cleaning supplies. It seems like Papyrus will be cleaning for the rest of the today, much to Sans's dismay, he had hoped for the both of them to just lay down on the couch and enjoy the peaceful silence.

After a few hours of cleaning had gone by, Papyrus noticed his older brother sound asleep on the couch. He shook his head and carried him back to his room, placing him gently on his race car bed and pulling the covers up until his neck. He watched as Sans snuggled closer to the blanket, he smiled and blushed a little at the sight. He should really buy Sans a proper bed, a naked mattress which had a lot of junk and ketchup stains can't be comfortable. He kissed Sans's head once more and went back to cleaning the house. He walked out of his room and gently closed the door as to not wake up Sans.

He had already finished with the kitchen, living room, his room and now Sans's room is left.

Papyrus walked towards Sans's room and started with the socks on the floor, then moving on to the garbage in his older brother's room. How can Sans even live like this? His room mostly consisted of ketchup, grease, papers and socks. Papyrus flinched a little when he saw a pocket knife in one of Sans's drawers, he inspected it a little. Good, he can't see any signs of any recent bone marrow or anything, as expected since one small cut would kill Sans. He held the pocket knife and left the room to place it somewhere else, no way he was going to let Sans keep it.

After placing it somewhere hidden, he returned to Sans's room and resumed cleaning.

-An Hour Later-
Finally done. He even covered Sans's mattress with a white, clean sheet and gave him a pillow. It's not like it really mattered anyway, since Sans usually slept in his younger brother's room, but this way, Sans's room looks a bit neater and nicer.

After another glance of Sans's room, he walked out and shut the door, heading towards his room. The clock showed that it was 1 PM. He gently shook Sans so he could wake up, Sans looked a bit startled when he did, but after a few moments of squinting and blinking, he saw Papyrus in front of him and smiled "mornin', bro." Papyrus sighed with a slight smile on his face "IT'S NOON, BROTHER." There was a moment of silence between them "oh." Sans said, he laughed nervously.

< Trigger Warning; Self-Harm Talk. Read At Your Own Risk~ >
Papyrus spoke "I CLEANED YOUR ROOM." Sans waited a little, it looked like Papyrus had something else to say.

After he hadn't said anything else, Sans replied "thanks, paps." Papyrus nodded "AND..." So he was right, Papyrus did have something else to say. He waited patiently for Papyrus to continue "I FOUND SOMETHING IN ONE OF YOUR DRAWERS." Sans flinched a little, he knew where this conversation was going. Papyrus noticed, so he didn't need to explain what he found "I TOOK IT AWAY, IF YOU DON'T MIND." Sans nodded "i don't mind." Silence again, did Papyrus expect something? "look, paps. i probably would have never used it to off myself. i wouldn't want to leave you alone, and i'm happy now." Papyrus smiled a little; that was a relief, but he still wanted to make sure of something. His expression shifted back to a serious one "CAN I EXAMINE YOUR ARMS, ANYWAY?" Sure, Papyrus was able to see his skeletal arms sometimes, like when he wears his white short sleeved t-shirt or when he doesn't wear any, but he never really looked at them or examined them closely, it always seemed like Sans tried to hide them, it was either dark or behind his back. Sans reluctantly nodded and held his arms out for Papyrus to see, Papyrus held Sans's hand reassuringly before inspecting them. He saw deep old scars that were littered on both his arms, but mostly his right. He looked up at Sans which was facing the wall "HOW?" Papyrus asked, one cut would've killed him, how did he have so many? Sans looked down before replying "i didn't always have 1 hp. sure, i had less than a normal monster should, but i didn't have 1." Papyrus looked confused "THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE 1 NOW?" Sans was silent for a bit, but eventually he replied "lost hope, i guess." Papyrus frowned a little, he asked "DO YOU STILL DO THIS? AND IF YOU DO... HOW?" Sans went silent again. Papyrus was patient, it must be hard for Sans to talk about this "i stopped recently, since i am genuinely happy. and... i know healing magic, though, the healing magic didn't heal them completely and it left scars." Papyrus nodded. He didn't need to question why he'd do this to himself, he already knew the answer damn well.

Papyrus slowly, but gently traced a few scars on his older brother's arms, Sans stayed silent, he was shaking and sweating a little. Papyrus rubbed one of Sans's deepest scars gently with his skeletal thumb before pulling his older brother in for a hug. Sans's blushed.

He cupped Papyrus's cheekbones and leaned in for a kiss, Papyrus blushed in response, but closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment. He let go of Sans's arm and wrapped his arm along with his other around Sans's neck.

Papyrus pulled away after a while and smiled at his flustered older brother. He unwrapped his arms around Sans's neck and instead, held Sans's hands "PLEASE TRY NOT TO HURT YOURSELF AGAIN, OKAY?" Papyrus knew that it was not an easy request, but he hoped Sans would at least try not to harm himself anymore. Sans nodded "but no promises." Papyrus nodded as well. He's aware that Sans isn't fond of making promises, since they eventually break.
< Done, You May Read Now. Fluff Ahead, Though. >

He stood and picked up Sans. He was practically used to being picked up by his younger brother, so he didn't react much. His younger brother ran downstairs, holding Sans tightly in his arms, just in case he fell.

Once they reached the sofa, Papyrus set Sans on it and sat beside him "WE'RE GOING TO MISS METTATON'S SHOW!" Sans smiled a little, he didn't enjoy Mettaton, but he definitely enjoyed Papyrus's company.

When the show started, Papyrus reached for Sans's hand and held it, Sans intertwined their fingers together. He leaned on his younger brother and they silently watched Mettaton with smiles on both of their faces, not due to Mettaton though.

*(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/627196685578005018/)

< Figured I Should Say This; Cutting Is Never An Option And Will Only Make It Worse, Alcohol Too. Alcohol Is Okay Once In A While, But Using It As A Coping Method Or Just To Fit In Is Not Healthy. If You Feel The Need To Harm Yourself In Any Way Or Drink A Lot Of Alcohol To Cope, Reach Out For Help. I, Myself, Don't Believe In Medication, But It's Better Than Self-Harm Or Alcohol. Therapists Do Help, Too. It May Seem Like There Is No Point To Talk To One, But There Is. They Ask The Right Questions And It Helps You, It's Different Than Opening Up To A Friend Or Family Member. Just Stay Safe, Don't Damage Yourself And Don't Keep Things In When You Need To Desperately Talk To Someone. With That Being Said, I Can Finally Make This Announcement;
(Drum Roll, Please)
I Am Changing This Story's Name And Picture, Never Really Liked It To Begin With. Anyway, Thank You For Reading And Hope You Enjoyed~ >