Chapter 4; Pleasant Morning

-6 hours later-
Sans woke up finding his brother laying right beside him, he smiled warmly while gently stroking his brother's head, a small tint of blue hue could be seen on his cheek bones. It was nice to have his brother so close to him, he felt safe, special, something warm resonating in his soul. He had always felt calm around Papyrus, like nothing could ever go wrong when he's close to him. But at times, Sans would get really nervous and make an excuse to leave, sometimes the excuses would be overly stupid and other times less so. He gazed at his younger brother's face with a gentle, genuine smile. For once he had slept well, thanks to his brother. He snuggled into Papyrus chest for a few minutes until he had decided to get up, he tried not waking his brother up since it had been a long night for the both of them.

He went to his room, put on his everyday jacket and watched some TV, waiting for Papyrus. 

A few minutes later he heard a certain skeleton walking down the stairs all wobbly, he seemed exhausted, but lightened up when he saw his older brother "SANS! GOOD MORNING!" Sans smiled and replied "mornin', bro. how'd you sleep?" Papyrus made his way to the couch and sat near Sans "I'M A LITTLE TIRED, I GUESS! BUT NOTHING CAN STOP ME FROM RECALIBRATING MY PUZZLES!!" Sans was happy that what had happened last night didn't affect Papyrus much in a negative way, he was only worried for Sans, but happy that he had finally told him what was wrong.

After Papyrus left the house in a cheerful mood, Sans made his way to the kitchen to make himself something to eat, after all, he only ate a meal a day which was usually breakfast. Papyrus would eat breakfast with Sans and lunch with Undyne since he spends a lot of time at Undyne's house. Sans made a 'dog and got ketchup alongside it, mustard too.

He finished his breakfast and went upstairs to his room, maybe he could actually clean up a tiny bit. He thought he could, but after seeing his room, the intention was gone completely.

He fell on his bed face first and just started to think, his mind wandering. Tomorrow was the arrival of the human, he wasn't looking forward to it. Every progress he had made would vanish within a single button, everything he had said to his brother, everything, just like that. If he was honest with himself, it scared him. He had always wanted a way to lash out, to get all the stress, anger and fear out, but it was hard to, given his frailty, he controlled himself. Why did he have 1 HP? If only he had more, he wouldn't be as useless, he could protect his brother from that demon.

Of course, the answer was clear as day; he was another failed experiment by his father, Dr. W.D. Gaster, W.D. stands for Wingdings - a unique font that could only be spoken by Skeletons, of course, Papyrus had forgotten about his father and the font Wingdings. Sans was the only one who remembered, along with Flowey, 'why' you ask? Well, the only logical reason to this was because of his soul, he was experimented on a few times, he let Gaster experiment on him. Gaster was always interested in testing with souls, he tried to create sentient beings and Sans was the first 'success', Papyrus came second. Gaster had experimented with types of traits, but especially DT which stands for Determination. He was interested in other traits, too, but DT seemed the strongest out of all;
Motivation, Patience, Integrity, Bravery, Kindness, Justice, Perseverance.
The weaker ones were;
Hatred, Fear.

Monster souls are made of Magic, what would happen if a monster's soul gained Determination? Sans had artificial Determination in his soul (not much that would get him to melt, just enough), that is most likely why he could remember, however he still couldn't control time, Frisk's and Flowey's Determination surpassed his. Flowey did not have a soul at the time, he was the one controlling all the resets. Until Frisk came along and took that power away from him, so it's only understandable that he would remember. 

Sans shook it off and tried napping, he couldn't. He didn't feel like going to work today at all, but sometimes you've got no choice in the matter. He got up and teleported to his station/post, whichever you'd like to call it.

After a few minutes of doing nothing had passed, his phone rang, it was Papyrus. He picked up immediately "heya, bro. somthin' wrong?" Sans asked curiously, Papyrus responded "NOT AT ALL, BROTHER! UNDYNE AND ALPHYS HAD INVITED US FOR A SLEEPOVER TO WATCH SOME ANIME TOGETHER! WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME?" Sans paused a little, this has not happened in any other timeline either, he never really spent time with Alphys around Papyrus. He replied "heh, sure, paps. when?" Papyrus replied excitedly "IN ONE HOUR! MAKE SURE TO PACK!" – "okay, see ya soon" And with that, Sans hung up.

He teleported home and just packed ketchup bottles, he didn't really need anything else, all he had to do now is sit and wait. 

 *(Picture Link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/625226360747350879/)