Chapter Ten

The mansion

As Jackie walked into their bedroom and flopped onto the bed, she heard:

"Mommy's home!". She sat up and looked around. She heard footsteps up above her. Of course the house couldn't be haunted. She turned and looked at the door and saw two children looking at her. There was a girl, who looked about 7 and a boy who looked like he was 3. "Mommy!" The children grinned before hugging Jackie.

She was confused. But she looked at them. The girl had her eyes and the boy looked the spitting image of his father. "Arabella?" Jackie asked the girl. The girl nodded. "Patrick?" Jackie cried as she let his name slip out her mouth. He nodded. "That's us" They said in unison. Jackie cried with happiness before welcoming her children in her arms.

Jack then walked out. He was surprised to see two children in his wife's arms. They didn't look like Caroline and John, so who could they be. They then realised their father's presence in the room. The children looked upon him. "Daddy!" They squeaked before running to him. He hugged them. Jackie looked on with a smile.

After a hug, Jackie stood up, after being on her knees. "Jack, you may remember Arabella and Patrick" Jackie said. Jack's mind snapped. He looked on at the children he hardly knew. Arabella, identical to Jackie and Patrick with his brown hair and blue eyes, identical to him. "Arabella?" Jack looked at his daughter. "Patrick?" Jack cried, the same reaction to that of his wife before embracing his children.

They realised that was what Kick meant by surprise.