Chapter Four

En route to Parkland Memorial Hospital

After Clint had seen the sight of a bleeding First Lady. He rummaged around her, hoping to feel a pulse. However he couldn't find any. He then looked down into the back seat. A large percentage of the President's brain was gone. He could see into his skull. He then felt the First Lady's wrist. There was no pulse.

The other agents in the car, were waiting desperately for news on the First Couple. Clint was terrified to tell them.

It was after they had went under the Freeway Underpass that he finally spoke into his watch.

"Lancer and Lace are down".

He heard silence. There was a quiet beep, meaning contact. "Can you clear? Lancer and Lace are down?" He heard the other agent speak before their was a deep silence. "No pulse on Lace. Lancer is gone". Clint wanted to cry. But he composed himself. He then realised as the limosuine which was now a hearse, still had the First Lady on the trunk passed the people, they turned away in disgust, disbelief and saddness.

Clint gently pushed her back into the back seat. He watched her body, slide into the seat before rolling off her husband's corpse onto the floor.

Parkland Memorial Hospital

The limosuine hauled to a stop in the parking lot outside the emergency entrance to Parkland Memorial Hospital. All the agents dashed to the car before stopping to take in what lay in front of them.

Jack lay on his front, his right arm hanging of the seat. Jackie was on her back, her left arm lying out. Their finger-tips were only millimetres away from touching. It was like they were trying to hold hands, and cling to one another.

Clint opened the door.

"No Clint!" Paul tried to hold him back. "Let them rest" he tried to stop Clint but they all watched on as Clint performed a saddening but loving act. He reached forward, and took their hands. He linked them together. The hands stayed in position. "I saw the President move his arm towards the First Lady in the motorcade before the bullets were fired. They held hands, and that's how it will remain" Clint announced before disappearing into the hospital to get stretchers.