Chapter 28: Injuries

Dedicated to @SaraP98 because she's been reading my stories from the very beginning. This is my way of thanking her for being by my side for all this time!

Chapter 28:

My very first instinct was to run. I couldn't do that though because my chair was in the corner of Starbucks with a window on my side, the wall behind me, and him next to me. If I tried running, he'd be sure to catch me. If I jumped out the window-well there was a 100% chance that the window wouldn't break and my face would just get smooshed up against the window.

"You're the guy who tried to strangle Rosie!" Harry said. Stating the obvious huh Harry?

"So you haven't even told your little boyfriend who I am? Well I'm ashamed of you my daughter." Dad said. It was weird calling him Dad like I called Mum, Mum. But this was a whole other kind of weird. My own father was trying to kill me. Kill.

"Daughter?" Harry choked on air, if that was possible which I'm sure it is. I think I've done it plenty of times.

"Harry I was gonna tell you, but I didn't know how! I was just scared because he- And then there's Lou-" I said and I would have rambled on but Dad (still very awkward and weird to say by the way) interrupted me.

"Ah Louis! How is my son?"

"SON?!" Harry choked again. Sometimes I wondered if words processed in his mind though. If Dad was my dad and Louis was my brother than duh. Dad would also be Louis's dad.

It's not rocket science.

"I'm leaving. I don't want to be near you." I said. I started to get up, but Dad's large hand gripped my arm and pushed me back down onto my seat.

"You," He glared at me, "are for sure not going anywhere. The boy can leave whenever he wants though. Actually, it's preferred he leaves."

I gave Harry a hopeful look, but I knew he was going to stay anyways. This was the man that he saw tried to kill me before his eyes. "I'm certainly not going anywhere." Harry emphasized his words clearly making sure Dad caught on.

"Well that just sucks doesn't it." Dad's voice was filled with sarcasm. It dripped with it.

"Just leave me alone! You've been scaring the daylight out of me for five years! That's an accomplishment enough! Just leave me be!" I cried. "I don't want to deal with you anymore you asshole!" Yup, I did it. I called my father an asshole.

And let me tell you this.

I did not regret it.

"What did you just call me?" Dad's hand was still gripping my wrist, clenching it so tightly that my circulation was being cut off at my hand. It began to feel all tingly too. My arm, I knew, was going to have a bruise. No doubt in that.

"I called you an asshole, asshole." I repeated for him.

What he did next was painful. Dad twisted my arm in an odd angle and I heard something crack. "AHH!" I cried out, attracting attention from everyone in Starbucks. I'm sure that's a good thing too.

"Rosie!" Harry screamed. I saw him through my blurry vision that he tackled Dad down onto the ground. My wrist was free from his grasp. I heard people screaming. I heard several punches being thrown also. I closed my eyes trying to shut out everything.

When I opened them again, Harry was being pulled off of my dad. Dad was alive still because I saw his chest rise and fall. Well, his eyes were open too. His face was bloodied up and bruises were already forming. His blue orbs locked on mine again.

He mouthed the words: It's still not over Rosie...

I shuddered. Harry was sitting back down across from me. A lady stood next to him asking all these questions.

"He could sue you." She said. She must be the manager.

"He was hurting my girlfriend. I had to do something!" Harry objected.

"Sir-"

"He's right m'am." I said as politely as I could, "That man was trying to twist my arm and break it. I think he succeeded and if Harry didn't do anything, the man would have probably tried to do worse."

"I saw it." A middle-aged woman said. She came up from behind the manager. "That awful man was-her arm cracked! Honey, you should go see a doctor." She said to me. I just nodded. I held my broken arm which was limp, in my other arm. It was painful.

"Thank you. But I can't guarantee that the man won't press charges. You haven't even got a hair out of place in that big head of hair you have." The manager said.

Harry just nodded his head. "Alright."

The manager left, but the middle-aged woman started telling me to go to the doctor and making sure I was alright and wasn't too hurt. It took a good five minutes to tell her I would go to a doctor and that I would be fine. She was probably a mother and the kind that freaked out whenever their kid had a scratch on their knee.

"Thank you." I said to Harry.

"Rosie, you don't need to thank me." Harry said sincerely.

"Can we leave now?" I asked.

Harry nodded. We walked outside and into his car. "Why didn't you tell me? About your dad?" He asked whilst starting the engine.

"I just never knew when the right time was. You would tell Lou and he'd freak out. I didn't want it to overwhelm him. Plus, it's better coming from my mum than me." I answered.

"That doesn't explain why he's trying to...you know...kill you?" Harry said. It sounded more like a question rather than a statement.

"Just don't like freak out and get us into a car crash okay babe? Eyes on the road and try not to kill us both. I like my life." I said with a chuckle.

"You don't trust my driving?" Harry asked, faking being hurt.

"I dunno babe." I laughed. But my expression and voice turned towards a more serious manner. I started telling him about what had happened the night we went to Mum's house after Dad tried to strangle me. He listened intently, without saying a word, until the part where I was being hunted down for a stupid bet.

"A bet? A fucking bet?" He screamed. Harry pulled over to the side of the road and turned to look at me. "A bet?" He repeated.

"That's what Mum told me. Now you know why I didn't want to leave the flat. Harry, I'm terrified." I whimpered. In truth, I really wanted to crawl in a hole and hide forever. The fear of having Dad stalk my every move was scary. I didn't like the feeling of being watched wherever I went. Nobody does.

"R-Rosie if I had known, I would have never taken you out. Oh my god, your arm is all my fault. I'm so sorry." Harry said. I know he would have tried to say more and more, but I cut him off by pressing my lips against his.

"You didn't do anything wrong. It was my fault. I should have told you." I said, breaking the kiss.

Harry ran his hands through his curly hair. "We should probably get you to the hospital. Your arm is swollen!" I looked down and indeed my arm was swollen. I swear I've never seen it bigger.

"Holy crap."

"I'm sorry." Harry said again.

"Say it one more time and I'll hit you."

"I-I-I'm gonna shut up now." Harry said.

"Good choice babe."

Just a little something to say. THIS IS NOT THE END FROM ROSIE'S DAD! Trust me, he will be here a LOT more. So anyways, if any of y'all have read another one of my stories, Audrey & Liam, there is a sequel out. The sequel is called The Things I Should Have Known. Please read it! Thanks so so much :) Vote, comment, and fan me! I'm sorry I haven't been updating regularly like I used to but that was summer. Now that it's the school year, I have homework and volleyball and I'm on a dance team. It's hard for me! Bear with me! Thanks again! Oh and sorry for my sucky chapter names! I know they suck, but...yeah...OKAY BYES FOR REAL.

-Naidraa