Chapter 14: Why Aunt Beth?

Chapter 14:

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital with my head in my hands. Mum was here too and pacing across the room. My sisters were sitting around me trying to get me to calm down but they didn't know Aunt Beth. They didn't know her the way I did.

Then six people came rushing into the hospital. "What happened?" Liam asked. "Louis just told us to 'get into the damn car right now'"

"Aunt Beth...I...I found her on the kitchen floor a-and..." I couldn't continue anymore and just kept crying. Harry sat down next to me and rubbed circles onto my back.

"Rosie found her on the kitchen floor with a knife in her stomach." Lottie said.

It just made me cry even more. The woman that raises me was lying in a hospital bed and I didn't even know her condition.

"It's okay Rosie. She'll be alright." Pippa tried to comfort me. I cried into her shoulder and she cried along with me. Aunt Beth was like an aunt to Pippa too.

A nurse came into the room. "Are you here for Elizabeth Poulston?" She asked.

We all nodded. "She's in surgery right now and we still don't known if she'll make it." She said. I burst into more tears and Mum did also.

After a few hours, I realized how bad my face looked.

I looked into my pocket for a tissue to wipe my tear stained cheeks but my hand came in contact with something else. I pulled out a piece of paper. It was the note I found next to Aunt Beth's body.

"She was part of the plan against me. It had to be done."

Was this the note left behind by the person who did this to Aunt Beth? The black van that drove away...was that driven by...oh my god what was I missing here?

I dropped the note that was in my hand. What was going on? There was definitely something Mum or Aunt Beth was keeping from me. Something very very important.

"Rosie what's this?" Louis asked picking up the note. I was too traumatized to stop him. "Where did you find this?" He asked. Louis handed the note to Mum.

"Oh my god. Bethy it's all my fault..." Mum said.

"Is there something you're keeping from me?" I asker her. Her face paled.

"No. What are you talking about Rosie?" She had te nerve to lie as her sister was practically dying. Even if she wasn't talking to me, she admitted that it was her fault. In some way it was her fault.

"LIAR!" I screamed. I don't know what took over my body but I lunged at her. But I felt two pairs of arms holding me back. I kicked and screamed, but Mum just stood there unmoving.

"Rosie, calm down." Harry soothed. No one could calm me down anymore.

"NO!" I shrieked.

Louis dragged me out of the waiting room. "Calm down. Rosie, why would anything be Mum's fault. They were probably just robbers that wanted a good scare."

"No Louis. There's something that Mum is keeping from me. There is something!!!" I screeched. I might as well be checked into a mental institution.

"Sir," A hospital staff member said, "Could you take her outside. She is causing a disturbance."

"WELL SCREW YOU! MY AUNT IS DYING AND-"

"I'll take her out." Louis said, dragging my lifeless body outside the hospital. When he let go, he expected me to stand up but instead I slumped to the ground and got on my knees.