Chapter 23: Why Is He Following Me?!

Chapter 23:

"Let go!" I cried desparately trying to get his hard grasp off from my wrist.

Then I heard a pained cry and the hand loosened on my wrist, but didn't let go. Instead it dragged me down with the hand's owner. I shook the man's hand off and ran into Harry's arms. I whimpered.

"Let's go." Harry said. I nodded. Before we could walk any further though, the man shoved me aganst a wall.

"I don't think you're going anywhere sweetheart." He said. His hands were against my neck making my breathing come in short ragged breaths. For the first time, I was glad Pippa came up with the strangling idea because it came true.

"Who are you? What do you want from me? You've practically been stalking me for the past five years! Just stop and go away!" I cried. I felt him being thrown off of me. Harry grabbed my arm and we began to run. Sprint.

Instead of going home, we got into Harry's car. If we went inside the complex, there was a better chance of him catching us when we were trying to get into the lift or something because we had to stop and scan a card over this device to let it know we lived there.

Harry pressed on the gas. I turned around and could see the outline of the strange man. "Who the hell is he?" Harry asked. His eyebrows were furrowed together.

"You heard me! I don't know!"

"I was kind of busy getting that guy off you. Glad I came with you now?"

"Very." I sighed. "Thanks."

"No problem babe. I'd rather you be alive. I don't think I can live without you." He said, he turned slightly towards me and smiled.

"Where should we go?"

I remembered that Louis had told me that I was supposed to go to dinner with Mum and my sisters because they were in town.

"The hotel my mum and sisters always stay at. They're in town." I said. Harry nodded an focused on the road. We parked in front of the hotel and hurried in.

We went inside. I texted Lottie about the room number and she answered saying it was room 782.

Harry pressed floor seven inside the lift. We exited and looked for the room. Finally in front of it, I knocked. It was immediately opened by Fizzy.

"Is Mum here?"

"Yes, she's with the twins in the living room." She said. "Hi Harry."

"Hello Fizzy." Harry smiled. We entered.

"Rosie? I thought you weren't supposed to be here until dinner?"

"Rosie, why are there marks on your neck?" Lottie then asked. I remembered that man's hands around my neck. I shuddered.

"Let's sit down." We all walked to the living area and sat down on the couch.

"Harry and I were going on a walk. We then came across this man. He was really scary Mum. He grabbed my wrist and I didn't know what he wanted from me! Harry punched him, but he managed to shove me against the wall and started strangling me. Harry got him off me and we came here. He's been stalking me for the past five years since I was thirteen." I explained.

"When were your other meetings with him?" Mum asked. She looked like she knew something about it.

"When I was thirteen, he came over to my house. Aunt Beth," I gulped as I said her name. Her dead body appeared in my head. Harry patted my back and encouraged me to continue on, "S-she answered the door. There was a man there. He was talking about me and how weird it was that I lived with my aunt. Aunt Beth threatened him and he left. She called the police. When he was being arrested, he looked at me through my window." I shivered at that memory.

"Anything else?" Mum asked.

I took a deep breath. "When I was fifteen, I was walking home from school. I heard someone behind me and I turned around and it was the same man. I picked up pace and he followed. I ran and he ran after me. When I came home, Aunt Beth was all scared. I think she knew that man from somewhere! He went to jail I think because he was just released now."

"This is all my fault. I-I shouldn't have done that!" Mum said more to herself.

Harry and I shared a confused glance.

"Shouldn't have done what Mum?" Lottie asked.

Mum realized that all the kids were still here.

"Lottie, could you please take them downstairs into the lobby for some Starbucks or something?" Mum asked her. Lottie looked disappointed she wasn't going to be able to be a part of this, but she agreed. Mum handed her some money.

"What happened? Aunt Beth knew something, but she's gone now." I gulped again. The whole scene of her death replayed in my head. That dreadful death.

"H-he's a man from my past." She squeaked.

"Then why is he following me? How does he know me? I've been living in fear for the past five years!" I cried. "Did you know that after the incident when I was fifteen, I ran home every day until Pippa got a car and could drive me home? Every time I went to the mall or to the movies, I always looked behind m shoulder for that man!"

"I-I didn't know that he'd ever find you!" Mum cried putting her head in her hands.

Harry looked out of place. "Harry you can go with the girls you know." I said.

"Will you be alright?" He asked. I nodded. Harry gave me a quick peck on the cheek before exiting the room.

"He did. I don't know who he is though! Why was he following me?"

"I thought if I gave you to Aunt Beth that you would be safer! Louis was already in danger!" Mum cried.

"Everything is so messed up. Why won't you answer my question Mum? It's one simple question!" I screamed. "I just want to know who the hell he is and why the bloody hell he's been stalking me!"

Mum took a deep breath. "He's your father Rosie."

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! BTW GOOD JOB TO WHOEVER GUESSED THIS! YOU SMART PEOPLE!!! ANYWAYS, IDK WHY MY CAPS LOCK IS ON BUT IT JUST IS! I HAVE UPLOADED ALL 3 OF MY STORIES TODAY AND I AM PROUD! VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN ME PLEASE! :)

-Naidraa