⊰51⊱

💫

Grandpa Sebby was right...

...Wyn is my mate...he's my werewolf mate...

"I...I..." he's in shock, speechless as we stare into his eyes.

We lick his face, my wolf over the moon as she presses our head into his chest. Wyn's left speechless, though his hands brush over our fur, not wanting to let us go.

"Dot? Wyn?" Grandpa Sebby calls, hearing Marc, and Grandpa Keir also calling, their voices close as they fill the forest.

Now I understand why my wolf was protective of him...

...he's ours.

"I...here!" Wyn finally snaps out of his shock and we see them approach over the log close to the hollowed-out tree stump, Marc coming from between trees off to the south. They feel it, his scent the same, but...

"I knew there was something about him..." Grandpa Sebby murmurs more to himself, but Grandpa Keir approaches with caution, looking from Wyn and then to us. The mark is clear for them to see, Grandpa Keir's wolf regarding Wyn's as they meet for the first time.

"Marked by wolf..." Grandpa Keir's voice trails off, as for the way I've marked Wyn is hardly ever done...a rarity, like everything else that spirals and suffocates around me.

Marc scratches the back of his head and says, "Not to ask the obvious...but, Wyn's a werewolf...right?"

Grandpa Keir kneels before Wyn while we growl, a protective stance immediately surging forward. He reaches out and touches our muzzle, whispering, "It's alright," I must reign in control, forcing us to take a few steps back, though when we lower to our belly, we rest our head-on Wyn's legs. Grandpa Keir looks Wyn over and replies to Marc, "He's a half-breed...though dormant."

"If he was dormant...and he's not now..." Marc's voice trails off before the light clicks on and he exclaims, "Wyn is Dot's werewolf mate?!"

Grandpa Sebby ruffles his hair and replies, "Brilliant deduction."

"Oh, shut up," Marc pushes his hand away and retorts, "Chris told me that he's seen a few dormant half-breed werewolves, but...I've never seen this before."

Alpha Chris...

...the Crusaders Pack.

My heart flutters at this, breathing out as we nuzzle against Wyn's stomach.

Grandpa Sebby furrows his brows and states, "I just don't understand one thing, Dot can't be touched without...well..." he shakes his head and motions, "...how?"

"The curse must have been for her," Grandpa Keir speculates, asking me, "is that what you think?"

We nod our muzzle, not wanting to shift back...this is the closest we've felt to another in a long time. We don't want to leave the touch of our mate; we don't want to be separated by the curse of flesh...of skin.

Grandpa Sebby asks, "Keir, how much do you know about half-breed werewolves that were previously dormant?"

Grandpa Keir rises to his feet and replies, "More than enough to know that Wyn is now in a great deal of danger."

Marc asks with confusion, "Wait...why?"

"Shifting," Grandpa Keir arches a brow and asks, "didn't Alpha Chris tell you about that?"

"Well...no..." Marc mutters, waiting for Grandpa Keir to enlighten him. I already know what he's talking about though and it fills my heart with dread because now there needs to be a plan for him...