⊰34⊱

💫

The air billowing around her radiant form nearly throws me to the wind, grasping at the ground as I stare in awe. Her white irises stare upward, one arm extended while the palm radiates a whitish glow, the wisps surrounding not just the two of us...

...but I glimpse behind her, seeing Castle Starr.

The air leaves my lungs again as I see them standing there.

Darkness shadows overhead, hearing the spread of shattering bombs going off in the distance. Glancing around, I see the void glaring at me, darkness surging with electrical force, only kept at bay from mother. Lifting my gaze upward to the sky, it is what I remember, brought back to this moment in time.

There are no stars.

There is no moon.

Our world is on the brink of complete annihilation...

...yet, my mother stands strong.

No...she's not.

She's fading.

I look closer...much closer. Her strength is not the same, not at all. The wear and damage of what has happened shows, the veins within her near the surface of her slightly translucent skin. Those veins, they're of the same white that reflects in her irises, forking outward from her body, up her neck, sprawling like a spider's web across her face.

"M-Mother?"

"DOT!" My family screams for me, though they cannot take a single step from where they stand near the castle.

My grandparents...

My daddies...

...Merle.

They're so close...so, so close...

The ground moves beneath me, almost like the sea itself casting a wave before it hits a cliff. Mother is the one to prevent it from causing any harm, her features unmoving as she pushes back the darkness.

"Why?" I ask, my gaze solely on mother, "Why am I here?"

"Aeon," mother's voice is off, the goddess channeling through her as I hold the revelation as to who we are and what we were made for...vessels.

"I...I'm trying. I'm trying to fix..." my voice trails off, shaking my head as I hold to the ground, though I feel I'm losing my grasp. Everything seems to be crashing down around me, the strength...

I connect with her.

Tresor will fix this...with the gift he has for you. Mother, you'll be so strong. You'll be unstoppable.

There it is, that knowingness she holds about her. The corner of mother's lips turn upward, into a smile and then shifting to a smirk.

My dear...my darling daughter...

I feel it before it slams its weight upon us all. My gaze lifts to the sky, my family screaming in the distance as I also cower with complete and utter terror. It's the tendril, slamming across the surface of energy and aura mother creates. She lifts her other arm, the two hands emitting a whitish glow before purplish wisps twist around, forming into one energy before it rockets upward. It meets the tendril head on, keeping us alive when the strike hits full force.

Aeon begins to awaken his subconscious form when I'm conceived...almost snuffed out right before I'm born. Giving up my wolf for a chance at life...this cannot be changed-

He'll help, I promise.

Her eyes cast downward to me, my heart skipping a beat at her stare.