Bonus Short - Halloween

This is a bonus short for Halloween which will ONLY show a snippet here as it is reserved for those on Patreon as a thank you. There are hints regarding insight into parts of Transgression that were mentioned, but untouched along with hints regarding the current content of Tempted Fate. You're not missing out on anything by choosing not to read it as I always unfold and show things later on, but those who do will be at an obvious advantage as always.

Future bonus content will always be posted there and whether or not it comes to Wattpad is in the unforeseeable future.

💫

Dot - Age 8

Dot - Age 8

"Soooooooooooo, what are you gonna be for Halloween this year?" Lauralyn casually lies on top of my bed on her back, her head coming down over the side of it and staring at me with wide eyes. She giggles, swinging her hair back and forth as the tips sway on the marble flooring, the corners of my mouth tweaking upward in a smile.

I ask her, "What about you?"

"Nuh-uh, you first!" She rolls over so she's on her stomach, grinning at me while propping her chin on her hands.

Sitting on the floor and looking at the photo album spread on my lap, I glance down to see the past years' prior costumes our entire family dressed up as. Mine range from a bumble bee, to a strawberry, my gaze falling on the costume I wore last year...a witch.

"We should do a duo costume," I smile, lifting my gaze and asking, "you shifted, right?"

"You're funny," she giggles again and sighs, shaking her head, "just because I'm thirteen, doesn't mean I can just poof and magically shift..."

"Hasn't it almost been an entire year though...?" My voice trails off and I see the sadness in her eyes. She'll be fourteen soon enough come spring, but I haven't seen her in the past couple of months, Grandpa Keir and Grandma Laura out doing things.

Lauralyn nods her head and states, "I'm going to be a witch! I liked what you did last year and was hoping you'd help me out too."

"Halloween is tonight and you both still haven't decided?" I nearly fall over as I jump to my feet, turning around and jumping at Uncle Marcus. He catches me, laughing as I giggle while Lauralyn stands up on my bed. Uncle Marcus tilts his head to the side and asks, "Do you know what I'm going to be for Halloween?"

I shake my head, watching the way his eyes glimmer with mischief.

Uncle Marcus laughs, "A lava monster!" He sets me down and I scream, running to my bed before climbing up onto it. Lauralyn and I laugh, holding onto one another as Uncle Marcus crouches on the marble floor, making gurgling noises and calling for us.

When he creeps up from the other side of the bed, I see mom walk by in the hall, only to stop the second she sees Lauralyn and I giggling and standing on the bed. We back away to the headboard, Uncle Marcus roars and we scream. I turn to see mom walk into the room, smiling as I leap from the bed and she catches me.