⊰11⊱

💫 

I don't know how to respond, Taft's citrine eyes staring straight into mine.

He puts me on edge, his regard for me unclear until he then reaches out and takes strands of my hair into his hand. My skin crawls when he wraps them around a couple of his fingers, a gleam reflecting off his irises as he says, "Beautiful..." he murmurs and I hear something fall against the surface of the table, Taft's gaze flickering away from mine briefly to scoff, "...that table is worth more than your lives, slaves. Be more careful, or else."

"S-Sorry, Sir," Wyn awkwardly replies, a couple shuffles sounding from behind me.

Taft's eyes set back on me as he asks, "Where were we...oh, that's right, you look like a cute little mouse with this hair of yours," he pauses, tugging slightly on the strands of my hair, though I don't let my features shift for a second, holding my composure. He releases my hair; taking hold of my forearm before searching for a bracelet...he finds none. A moment later, he chuckles, "A new addition to the many...accommodating slaves he owns."

"She's a breeder, Sir," Wyn is quick to get out before Taft can make another advance, a relief flooding through me, though that's not what Taft believes.

Taft chuckles and asks, "And? She also has a voice of her own, no?" His eyes lock with mine, "Or, have you gone mute in my presence?"

"No, Sir," I reply, but I'm saved a moment later by a voice coming from the hall.

Aohdan has a fearful Rochelle standing alongside him as he tells Taft, "She's one of Cormac's breeders-"

"That's never stopped me before," Taft's eyes spark with mischief as she releases my forearm, turning to Aohdan.

"No, obviously it hasn't!" Aohdan barks at him with anger surfacing, emotions he cannot control considering the hidden status of his beloved...along with his late sister, Delaney...though, in this era, she's still very much alive. It's only a few moments later, he follows up with, "She's already fulfilled her purpose."

This only causes Taft to jump with giddy joy as he chuckles, "Marvelous! Then there really shouldn't be any issues with-"

"Cormac is not the host, so his slaves are not free game," I'm thankful for the way Aohdan defends me, regardless of his motives at this moment, "do you want me to-"

Taft releases a sigh and mimics, "Always the tattletale, aren't you, Aohdan?" He eyes me and says, "Should we not ask the slave herself what her choice is? After all, she's used to humans fucking her; she should be more than honored for me to show her worlds that only humans dream of."

Uhh...eww...fucking eww...

"Taft! I-"

"Or, how about you offer up one of your personals...sate my tastes," Taft's eyes are malicious, though I have to keep myself from throwing up just as I'm sure Aohdan is doing the same...the way Taft looks at Rochelle...

"Nothing will ever sate you," Aohdan narrows his eyes and snaps, "you know my personals are off the table...you can take whatever else you like."

Taft pouts and nearly cries, "Awe. I wanted her. You're no fun anymore!"

"Child-"

"Prick-"

"Shu-"

"I wonder if the two of you will continue to argue this way when Arthur arrives?" my heart beats fast, relief washing over me the second I hear Grandpa's voice. It grows silent between the two riled up vampires when Grandpa comes to a halt near where the commotion is taking place, drawing attention from others.