⊰32⊱

Don't forget to read the Easter Special that was posted before this chapter. Also, Chapter 50 was just uploaded on Patreon with a bomb drop as one key turning point so please for those who read on both, do NOT spoil what has been revealed!

Yes, I did have a bit of extra time, so updates everywhere!

💫

Grandpa Sebby moves quickly before I can sense his movements, he's to the side of me. Dante steps back and away quite a few yards. My stance changing as I shift my weight back the second Grandpa Sebby lunges at my side, his fist and arm passing a fraction of a hair in front of my face. He's abruptly thrown off guard when I shift forward and glide beneath his extended arm.

He attempts to grab me, yet I remain low and all but drop to the grass, swiping his feet out beneath him. Grandpa Sebby swipes outward with his legs as he falls, hitting the ground with him when his legs trap my ankles, yet we are quick to separate instead of fighting to remain the attacker with the advantage.

"That says something about the two of you," Dante muses with his opinion, Grandpa Sebby and I keeping low as we watch each other's movements.

My parents taught me not to charge in unless I'm aware of my opponent...

...this might be Grandpa Sebby, but he's not the one I know...so I have absolutely no idea if his tactics were different when he was younger. Playing it safe is the only option I can fall back on.

Grandpa Sebby dashes forward, nearly striking me in the face. Though, I lift my arms and deflect his fist, barely able to keep up when his leg grazes my side. I'm quicker though, pulling backward and rolling to the ground. He doesn't let up, his assault becoming quicker as he throws punches and kicks almost faster than I can withdraw. Evading his movements, I garner quite a bit of distance when I push off the ground and land near one of the trees bordering the tree line.

"Evading the entire time will end in your death," Dante remarks, my gaze briefly leaving Grandpa Sebby to glare at him.

I notice now that at some point, Marc had left the safety of the patio and is now standing alongside Dante. The air leaves my lungs and my head ricochets off the tree trunk behind me. I fall forward, yet I never hit the ground, Grandpa Sebby punching me once in my abdomen and then quickly jabbing me in the sternum. I gasp for air, my vision crossing for a brief second when he suddenly grabs the front of my hoodie and slams my back against the tree.

Grandpa Sebby's eyes search mine as he retorts, "There's nothing wrong with evading as a tactic and form of offense as a defense...however..." his voice trails off as I choke on blood pooling in my lungs, "...losing focus and sidetracking from your opponent is very, very wrong."

"Do you want to know what else is wrong?" My eyes focus on Grandpa Sebby, the body healing internally in a matter of seconds.

My father's words flood my mind...

...when all else fails...get angry and control what can't be contained...chaos.

I fling my head forward as quick and as hard as I can, crashing into Grandpa Sebby's and forcing his grip to come loose. He staggers a step back as I glower, "Assuming that my defense is my only offense."

I kick outward, my boot connecting with his right-side ribs. Bones snap easily heard from Marc and felt that his mate is in pain. He takes a step forward, but Dante reaches out and grabs the top of his shoulder, warning him as Grandpa Sebby does not give up that easily. When he regains his balance in the next second, he strikes at me, though I'm quicker and move out of the way.