⊰50⊱

💫

Whatever is going to happen to Rose within that dungeon, there's nothing more I can do. Events will play out tomorrow that is only between Arthur and her, the following night will be the last night Arthur and Taft live. With the knowledge Grandpa has right now, knowing the only thing we can do is bide time, I leave Castle Valentine behind and head back to the encampment.

Rose was escorted not more than an hour ago to the dungeon, the night still young as I look to the sky. Energy is drawing close, a peak about to spike come the full moon two nights from now, The Hunt an unforgiving mistress. With the gift of Asteria, Tresor's fallen stars were collected, the rest...

I hear movement and pick up Quinn's scent the second she's within proximity. I halt, waiting and watching as she comes from behind a tree trunk. A soft smile on her features tells me exactly as a reinforcement what I mean to the packs. She asks me, "Did everything goes as planned."

"That depends," I wave my hand as we walk the short distance back to the main encampment, "before or after I had to switch to a different plan."

Her features drop as she replies, "Oh..."

"Rose will fair well," I reassure her, seeing Grandma Laura quickly approach me the second I'm within striking distance. Quinn smiles and nods at me, heading off to the west side of camp. As she meets up with Coen, Grandma Laura stops short of nearly knocking into me.

She's about to reach out, but pulls her arms back, asking me, "Rose?"

"In Arthur's dungeon," I release a sigh, watching her features quickly mull through the multiple emotions she's suddenly stricken by. I urge her though, "She'll be alright, I promise."

Dante already made sure of that...

...his scouts swept the perimeter, grounds, and castle to search for Oleander. Arthur will not be able to poison Rose's blood beyond repair. He won't be able to kill her that easily. I can't say much about the liquid silver and wolfsbane on its own, but at least we won't have to resort to Niles having to save the day.

Grandma Laura shakes herself from the impending doom thoughts a mother has for their daughter when there's nothing they can do for her, "Thank you for helping her any way you could."

"You're welcome," I nod back, watching as I see an interesting sight just over her shoulder. Furrowing my brows, I see Grandpa Sebby sitting with Wyn by the fire, showing him how to make a S'mores.

Grandma Laura traces my line of sight and giggles, "Your friend is quite interesting."

"That's one word to describe him," I shake my head, Marc spilling melted chocolate on his pants while Grandpa Keir watches out over the encampment. His eyes land everywhere, alert and communicating with those patrolling.

"He says you saved his life," Grandma Laura stands with her hands on her hips while turning to watch the cute encounter playing out.

I nod and reply, "I've already caused him so much pain...unintentionally...but, I've caused the damage and I just wanted to repair something that shouldn't have been broken, to begin with."

"Nothing we do can have that much effect on another," Grandma Laura furrows her brows, Quinn quickly coming up to her and handing her what looks like a snowflake pendant...but not. This must be what Grandma Laura manufactured to fight against the council.

I mutter beneath my breath as she turns her attention on Quinn, "You'd be surprised," though I leave her standing there before walking closer to the campfire.

As soon as Wyn sees me, his eyes light up, a smile on his face as he waves me over. This, in turn, pulls Grandpa Sebby's attention and Marc's, the three of them roasting marshmallows over down by the open flames.