⊰38⊱

💫

The veil...

...its beauty and mere fabrication is utterly astonishing.

It renders me speechless.

I've known about the veil my whole life, raised to understand every aspect regarding it. I've crossed it multiple times with mother, Uncle Kev, and Nimue, up until that one Halloween night, mother attempting to explain and paint me a vivid picture. Everything pales in comparison for this one moment that I glimpse the true power and beauty it holds.

"Now that you can see what others cannot with the naked eye," Tresor moves to stand in front of me, outstretching his hand, "you can move freely anywhere between both planes of existence."

My gloved-hand touches his, feeling that he is real, his form solid. There was part of me for a second that believed he wasn't here...including this into a way to strengthen my mind. Even though I can't touch him...the way I want to...this is enough to provide me with some comfort.

I can cross by myself...

He turns me gently around, facing me in the direction we came from. Tresor tells me, "Think of where you want to be. Envision your destination and it will slowly come forward into view."

Dante's estate.

I can see it clearly in my head and in a matter of seconds; it is as if I'm standing right in front of it.

"Do you have a clear picture?" Tresor asks me.

"Yes," I reply distantly, my eyes searching everywhere in front of me.

"What do you see?" He continues, squeezing my hand.

"I...I see the patio like I'm standing just before the railing of Dante's estate," I reply, describing what it is I'm experiencing.

Tresor's hand leaves mine, standing behind me as he holds both my upper arms with his hands. He whispers gently, "Go beyond and into the physical manifestation."

He doesn't want me moving through open space only...

...challenging me and the extent of what I now know.

"Do you see where you want to go?" Tresor asks a few moments later, his grip intensifying on my upper arms.

I nod my head, replying distantly, "Yes." I can see it all clearly, everything exactly as it is and how it should be.

Tresor breathes out, "Do you see yourself standing there? The moment you see yourself standing where you want to go..." his voice trails off though as a shiver travels down my spine, doing exactly as he says without consciously realizing exactly what I'm doing.

I gasp; bewildered by the way I'm standing in my room a split second later. I stagger forward, yet Tresor doesn't allow me to fall to the ground. My head is spinning, buzzing as I lose concentration on the True Sight spell that he'd just taught me. My vision goes dark momentarily, breathing hard as the colors slip right back into place, glancing around quickly to observe my surroundings.

"This is perfectly normal," Tresor reassures me while my gaze falls to the ground, noticing spider webs near my boots and creeping slightly outward from where we stand.

Shit.

This is how he travels...

...I understand now.

"Don't feel alone because you can move anywhere at any time," Tresor begins when I balance gradually on my own, "this will give you options and the ability to move wherever you need to at an exponential rate."