⊰42⊱

So, I definitely forgot to upload on Tuesday.

I'll be sure to update tomorrow as well as this post.

I'm going through some very tough mental health issues right now and well, I very well might forgot some things and other area related issues. I'm not ready to share with the world what's happening and how I'm coping with this...but I want you all to know, I'm still me.

The me who loves building and sharing worlds to escape this one.

💫

Isolation...

...yet not alone.

As I stand off a few hundred yards from the meeting point with Grandpa Keir and Grandma Laura, along with those vital to this plan, I feel whole. Everything coming together with each step of the way fading behind in the path we are taking, we journey onward.

Leaving Tresor behind with some relief that Nimue and Lars will be of use to search for Aeon's vessel, I can focus my energy solely on what is ahead. With the winter solstice looming and the fear I should not harbor due to Rose having once overthrown the council before, part of me is skeptical as many changes and alterations have been made to this timeline. Soon, the timeline I once knew will fade away completely from existence...along with me?

I don't know for sure.

Breathing out slowly, I move from a dead stop, quickening my pace to close the distance of the encampment of those remaining behind of the Silent Stars Pack and the Imperial Stars Pack. Their heartbeats accelerate the second they pick up my scent, the scouts and warriors performing perimeter checks are on high alert. Respectfully, I slow, coming to a near halt as I step lightly toward those nearing me, wolves and skin alike.

A man approaches me, his eyes hard as they search with questions...

...though I'm completely taken off guard the second I feel cold metal press against the front of my throat.

Each individual scent is easy for me to distinguish and hers should have been no different, yet I can't fathom the reasoning she was able to elude me as Grandma Laura commands with authority, "State your name."

"Dot," my voice is soft, my heart beating fast as she's so close, yet I've never been on this side of her aggression, her stance toward me of a precarious nature. I judged poorly, assuming that she would remain by Grandpa Keir's side during these events...though I should have known better from the stories Grandpa Keir and she told me before...

...she's a born tracker at heart and by nature a skilled assassin, a Luna through mate status.

The blade eases from my flesh, her movements slow as she says, "Cormac sent you," she pauses a moment, taking steps around my right side as her eyes meet with mine, "you are different from the hybrids we've heard about and encountered."

Grandma Laura is much younger, though her strength and headstrong innateness have not changed.

"I'm a true born hybrid...my parents of similar nature taken by Arthur's hand years ago..." my voice trails off, filling the role I will play.

"Rogue," she tilts her chin upward, the man moving closer at her spoken word...yet she heads him off and calmly says, "easy, Bishop."

Bishop, beta to Marc...he states with his gaze unmoving, "Is she not the most dangerous species we've come across?"

"Yes," Grandma Laura replies in a cold voice, though her tone alters slightly as she chuckles, "so, I wouldn't piss her off without knowing her cards. Rogues aren't always the way they are by choice or mistakes they've made...some are out of luck under the world influence we live. Her very existence is what the council wanted to prevent, fearing what they don't understand...just like Rose..." as her voice trails off, she whispers beneath her breath, her tone one of remorse and sadness, "...Walter."