⊰22⊱

💫   

I would be much more afraid and confused by the state I'm in if it weren't for those within me, explaining everything.

My eyelids blink a few times staring around me. I look up to my right, Tresor standing beside me with a look of relief while I then trail my gaze around the room. I see Dante staring at me hard from across the room, Niles checking the monitors and asking, "Dot is it?"

My gaze lands on him and I nod.

"Do you know where you are?" Niles asks, his features soft.

I furrow my brows, nodding my response.

Niles arches a brow and replies, "Everything escalated quickly the moment you arrived. After putting you under, your baby was delivered shortly after, though when I tried to bring you back, you fell into a coma."

"It's been a couple of weeks," Dante speaks, breaking through Niles' explanation.

My throat is drying, parting my lips to speak before Niles asks, "Can you get her some water, Keveon?"

Tresor nods, turning from me for a moment while Dante walks closer to Niles, observing me. My gaze travels from both of them, Tresor returning as he helps me take a sip from the cup. It takes a bit, but I'm able to clear my throat, though it still feels like sandpaper is grating against it when I ask, "My baby?"

"In intensive care," Niles informs me, but reassures, "he's doing alright."

"He?" I ask, my heart beating fast.

Niles smiles and continues, "A little vampire," he pauses and glances to Tresor before saying, "Keveon informed us that he'll be taking primary care of the baby as your situation is not the best at the moment."

I almost forgot that Grandpa explained basics to Dante, his coven and pack understanding as well.

"Cormac will be here shortly with all of his mates," Dante glances to Tresor and asks, "do you plan on staying until after the council is brought down or will you return to Cormac's estate?"

"We'll discuss it upon his arrival," Tresor replies, a spark igniting in his eyes as I'm sure if Uncle Kev stays, it'll be of his choice and not one Tresor is making ahead of time for him. Either way, they're all going to be here soon...

"Can I see him?" I ask, my voice soft, though my natural strength begins to exponentially flood my being, Niles keeping his gaze on me while Tresor and Dante talk.

Niles asks with concern, "Are you feeling up to-"

He stops himself short the second I pull the IV from my arm, swinging my legs over the side of the medical bed and touching my bare feet to the floor. Niles takes a step back, Dante ordering, "You need to take it-"

"Where do you get the nerve to tell me what I need to do?" I immediately whirl around on Dante when I turn to the side, Tresor's features hardly shifting at my outburst. Staring at Dante hard, I state, "You don't know me, your perception of hybrids completely askew," his jaw clenches, his eyes searching mine.

Dante narrows his eyes and asks, "How do you-"

"I'm going to bet it was your werewolf mate's head you bestowed to Arthur, gaining his trust and favor to fill that fifth council seat," I can't help it...I'm angry...I glare at him, "if that's the truth, where you are going to admit it or not, then it shows your regard for your mates...and that of others in our situation."

Careful.

Tresor's voice slips soundlessly through my mind.

Niles remains silent, looking to Dante, watching for what his Alpha will do. It comes as a surprise to me when Dante tilts his chin up and tells me, "You're a captivating being that I clearly underestimated," he pauses a moment, nodding, "you are correct, I did kill my mates because I don't entirely believe in the facts presented to me regarding my brother's death and therefore, my trust for those who should be my soul tie is diminished."